Ch. 21: A Promising Present (Part 2)

A/N- Warning ⚠️: EBT version of Jimmy Fallon's The Tonight Show down below
-
"OMG ZENDAYA!!!! IS THAT REALLY YOU!?", Dinah shrieked.

"Yes bitch!!", the taller woman shouted into Dinah's ear and snuggled her head into her shoulder.

Dinah flinched slightly, but after her ear-drum recovered, she squeezed Zendaya, while swinging her back and forth. "Wow, I really missed your loud ass."

The brunette jumped off Dinah and glared at her while folding her arms across her chest, feigning anger.

"But where was that same energy when I first came in the room though?"

"I didn't even know it was you because you ran so damn fast."

Zendaya chuckled, "You probably forgot, but I was a track star in high school."

"How could I!? You set so many records for our school that I was one-hundred percent sure you were going to get a full track scholarship."

"Wow! I'm surprised you remembered, considering you never remembered to call or text me back after highschool", Zendaya scoffed.

"Ouch!", Lauren commented.

"Daya...I'm sorry.  This is going to sound bad, but I just...never had the time.  Then once I had the time, I was too ashamed."

Zendaya gently placed her arm on Dinah's bicep in comfort. "Why would you be ashamed D?"

Dinah sighed heavily.  Even though she was considered "famous" now, there was still a small part of her that was still ashamed and disappointed in herself for getting kicked out of college.  The more she thought about it, the more shameful she felt because she didn't become the successful dentist her mother wanted her to be. Instead she was a rising pop star, and without a college degree.

"I got kicked out of college", Dinah mumbled.

"That's nothing to be ashamed of D, people get kicked out of college all the time. Just look at Lauren."

"Hey! I didn't get kicked out, I dropped out", Lauren corrected.

"Tomayto, tomahto. The point is you shouldn't be ashamed because now you're successful. You're performing on Jimmy Fallon's The Tonight Show for Chrissake. That's a big deal!"

"I know and I'm extremely grateful, you have no idea", Dinah offered a small smile. As quickly as the smile appeared on her lips, it disappeared even faster when the blonde realized she's going to have to tell her mom eventually.

"It's just...", Dinah continued, "Once my mom finds out what I'm doing she's going to kill me. Then she's going to bring me back to life, yell at me, beat my ass, then kill me again."

"Hold up, your mom doesn't know that you're a singer now?", both Zendaya and Lauren asked in shock.

"Hell no. She thinks that I'm still in college preparing for the Dental Acceptance Test."

"Dinah...Milika is going to freak the fuck out when you tell her!  I'm surprised she didn't find out already!", Zendaya yelled with widened eyes.

Dinah face-palmed herself while sighing and sinking down in her seat.  "I know, I know.  Don't remind me.  The only reason she doesn't know is because she doesn't pay attention to present-day celebrity gossip.  She likes more of the old school stuff, besides Cardi B and Nicki Minaj; she keeps up with them like Bravo keeps up with the Kardashians.  But, I just want to get through this performance first, before I start worrying about all that."