Chap 10 "Not Easy"

Natalya's POV
Another four months passed. I was five months pregnant and my Daddy still doesn't know. The doorbell rang and I opened the door. "Devin," I stated as I looked at him. "Did my dad send you?"
"No," Devin sighed. "I'm actually here because of your dad."
"What happened?" I asked.
"Can I talk to you and your parents?" Devin asked.
"Yeah," I nodded as I let him in. I closed the door. "We're in the kitchen." We walked into the kitchen. "Mom, Devin wants to talk to us."
"Okay," Mom replied. "You were the one who quit the band, right?"
"I had my reasons," Devin sighed. "Reasons that are now ready to come out."
"What are you talking about?" I asked. "Devin, I've known you since you joined up with my dad and his friends. What don't I know?"
"Drew has sexually assaulted me," Devin sighed.
"We're talking about the same guy, right?" Mom asked. "This guy would never do something like that."
"You're wrong," Devin nodded. "I lived with him."
"You're saying Drew sexually assaulted you but you have no evidence but your words," Daddy pointed. "How is that going to fly in court, Alee?"
"It's not," Mom looked at Daddy. "With no evidence, you got nothing. Look, I respect you enough to try and believe you because you are basically family, but with no physical evidence, I can't help you." Mom looked at Devin. "She's Drew's daughter too. Have you filed anything?"
"A lawsuit but the lawyer can't get in contact with him," Devin looked at Mom. "I know you, Mrs. Morgan. Will you be willing to take my case? You and Natalya are my only chance to get in contact with Drew. He has to be charged." Mom sighed. "Please. You work for the FBI. I need your help."
"Devin, get me some physical evidence, and I'll take it," Mom looked at Devin. "But I cannot promise you that you will win the case. Get me a copy of the lawsuit that you put upon them and I'll review it." The doorbell rang. "Natalya, could you get that?"
"Yeah," I nodded. I got up and walked to the living room. I opened the door and there stood Kevin. "Kevin, hey."
"Hi, my lovely girlfriend," Kevin smiled as he gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Do you wanna go for lunch?"
"Actually my parents are making lunch here," I smiled.
"Natalya, I haven't seen you for six months," Kevin replied. "I just wanted to make sure that you're okay."
"I know you were worried when I was abducted over six months ago," I nodded. "I'm just trying to recover for a while. Can you give me some space?" Kevin nodded. "Thank you."
"Natalya," Mom showed up at the door. She looked at Kevin. "Oh, hi Kevin. Would you like to stay for lunch?"
"Sure," Kevin smiled. Devin left. "Client?"
"Yeah," Mom nodded. "He'll be okay, hopefully. If you like, you can go and set the table." We let Kevin in and he walked to the kitchen. Mom and I stayed in the living room as I closed the door. "Does he know?"
"No," I sighed. "Mom, I don't want to disappoint anyone."
"You at least have to tell Daddy," Mom replied. "You're pregnant and you're going to end up showing soon. You're five months."
"I'll continue wearing baggy shirts," I replied.
"It's not going to work," Mom stated. "You tell Daddy or I am and I promise you he will not be angry or disappointed. But with the guy who kidnapped you, he's behind bars for life. You have a chance to raise your baby the way you want your little boy or girl to grow up." I looked at Mom. "I know you're scared, sweetheart. I was too. You can make the chance to not have the baby grow up like their father. You have a chance to mold them to be like you or Kevin, if he's going to be in the baby's life."
"I know," I sighed. Mom and I walked inside and went to the kitchen.
"I understand this is going to be difficult," Daddy looked at all of us. "It's not going to be an easy ride."
"Of course not," Mom sighed. "I am the one who's going to be serving the papers to him."
"Alee, you once had feelings for the guy. You thought you knew him," Daddy stated. "He's Natalya's biological father. I know you, baby girl. You're beating yourself up because of this."
"I should be," Mom looked at Daddy. "If this case turns out to be true, Drew isn't the guy I fell in love with long ago." I looked at Mom. "He wouldn't be that Godly guy that he promised he is. Do you know how my dad is going to be when he finds out about this?"
"I know he's not going to be happy," Daddy sighed. Our phones rang and my head dropped. "Well, that's our cue."
"Sorry, Kevin, but we have a case to take care of," Mom replied. "Ollie, we have a case, take care of Bryant."
"He's at your dad's," Uncle Oliver replied.
"Okay," Mom sighed. We all walked out of the house. "Maybe next time, Kevin."
"Sure, Mrs. Morgan," Kevin nodded and left.
"Let's go," Mom sighed. We went to the Bureau. We walked into the conference room. "What's the case?"
"Alee, you have some very important phone calls you have to attend to first," JJ nodded as she handed Mom a piece of paper. "It's urgent."
"Alright. Morgan, go," Mom sighed and went to her office.
"JJ, case file," Daddy sighed.
"Do we wanna wait?" JJ asked.
"We'll debrief her later," Daddy replied. "She got things to handle."
"Okay," JJ nodded.
"The body of two unidentified males showed up in LA," Garcia replied showing pictures. "Mid-twenties, white males, lives in Studio City and found in Studio City. Same MO."
"I know them," I replied.
"Natalya, they're faces are peeled off," JJ replied. "How can you tell?"
"Because they're my dad's friends," I looked at the screen. I pointed at one picture. "I recognize this guy anywhere. Dark hair, batman earrings." I looked at the team. "He has a tattoo of a skull on his left hip and a tattoo on his left shoulder saying those who wander aren't always lost."
"How'd you know that?" Garcia asked as she pulled up the picture.
"That's Jayk Purdy," I replied. "This second guy." I looked at the picture. "This guy was like my best friend. I recognize his shag and his eyes. That's Blake English. The guy is six two."
"That's right," Garcia sighed. "Morgan, what are we going to do?"
"I can't put her off the team," Daddy replied. "It's obvious we need her if more bodies turn up like this."
"Why is the unsub doing this? Prentiss asked.
"I don't know, but we have to put my dad, TC, and Devin in protective custody," I replied. "Daddy, it's specific, I know, btu Blake and Jayk are already dead."
"Okay," Mom walked back in. "I got that done." SHe looked up at the screen. Daddy walked up to her. "Please tell me this has nothing to do with them."
"I wish that was the case," Daddy sighed. "We have to get Drew, TC, and Devin in protective custody."
"We may have another problem," JJ sighed as she looked at her tablet. "The media is already reporting this."
"JJ, call local LEOs and get Drew and TC in custody," Mom pointed. "I need you, Natalya, to call Devin and get him here. I'll put Anderson on him." I nodded. "Wheels up in thirty."
"Okay," I sighed. Mom left the room. Daddy grabbed my arm and we went to her office. "Daddy, I gotta make the call."
"I got Rossi to do it," Daddy replied. "Alee, what's going on?"
"My friends are dying," Mom replied. "What do you think is going on?"
"Alee," Garcia opened the door. "Another body in Studio City."
"Description?" Mom aksed.
"He's tatted," Garcia looked at the file.
"That's TC," I replied.
"Let's go, now," Mom nodded. We went to the airport and boarded our flight. "JJ, where are we at with Drew?"
"Locals are still trying to find him," JJ nodded.
"Devin?" Mom asked.
"Anderson is on him," Rossi nodded. "We don't have to worry about him."
"Morgan, why don't you try to get ahold of Drew?" Mom asked as she handed Daddy her phone. "He might pick up knowing it's my number."
"Yeah," Daddy sighed. He dialed Drew and put it on speaker. It was ringing. "Let's hope he picks up."
"Yeah, Alee," Drew picked up.
"Drew," Daddy stated.
"Derek," Dad sounded alert. "Is everything alright?"
"Where are you?" Mom asked.
"Working out at Orange Theory," Dad responded. "Why? Should I be somewhere else?"
"Go to the police station," Mom sighed. "They'll hold you till I get there."
"What the hell did I do?" Dad asked.
"I'll explain later," Mom replied and hung up. "He's so stubborn." We landed and went to the station. We set up our team in the conference room. "Detective Channing."
"David Channing, ma'am," he shook Mom's hand.
"I'm SSA Alee Hotchner," Mom replied. "I'm the Unit Chief of the BAU. This is SSA Derek Morgan and Natalya Scott. I understand you have Drew Ryan Scott in custody."
"As Agent Jareau requested," Detective Channing nodded. "Room four."
"I'll be needing to speak with him," Mom nodded. Mom, Daddy, and I walked into the room Dad was in. He stood up. "Sit back down."
"Do you wanna tell me what's going on?" Drew asked.
"Alee, Natalya," JJ poked her head in. "Detective Channing has family coming in."
"Morgan, you got this?" Mom asked.
"You guys go," Daddy nodded.
"Okay," Mom handed Daddy the file. "Come on, Alee."
"Alright," I sighed. I followed Mom to the conference room. "Which family is coming in?"
"We have Abby English in the next oom and Michelle DeFraites in the office," Prentiss pointed as she held out two files.
"I'll take the fiancee," I smiled as I grabbed TC's file. I went to the detective's office and walked in. "Michelle."
"Natalya," Michelle stood up and gave me a hug. "Is it true? Is Teec really gone?"
"I'm afraid so," I sighed. She sat down as she broke down in tears. I handed her tissues. "Michelle, I promise you that we'll bring whoever did this to justice."
"What about your dad?" Michelle asked. "Is he okay?"
"Yeah, he's in protective custody," I nodded. "I'm sorry we couldn't get to TC in time."
"I know," Michelle nodded. "I just have one thing to ask."
"Anything," I nodded.
"I want his ring," Michelle sighed.
"Okay," I sighed as I looked through the file. "He wasn't found with one."
"He has one to wear," Michelle looked at me. "Whoever did this to him must have taken it."
"Natalya," Mom opened the door.
"Just a sec," I nodded. Mom sighed and closed the door. "Michelle, I promise whoever this is will be punished by the law."
"Is that a promise you can keep?" Michelle asked.
"Yes, and you'll get his ring once I find it," I replied as I walked to the door. "I know that I might not be able to keep the promise as the normal Natalya Scott, but with the FBI, I'm Agent Natalya Scott." Michelle was shocked. "I'll keep my promise as a law enforcement officer." I walked out of the office and to the conference room. "What's the problem?"
"Your dad doesn't want you to be his guard," Daddy crossed his arms.
"Too bad," I replied. "He's my protection detail and I'm carrying that out."
"Go," Mom pointed. "Whoever this is, they're waiting for Drew to be out in the open."
"Conceal your weapon, conceal your badge until you really have to use it," Daddy nodded. He put a watch on me. "The button, it's a panic button. Press it twice to activate it."
"Okay," I nodded. I walked to room four and opened the door. "We're free to go, Dad."
"I guess I should've known better that your mom wouldn't change her mind," Dad sighed. We walked out of the station. "What do you wanna do?" I handed Dad my tablet. "While you're here?"
"I don't care," I shrugged. "I'm here for your protection."
"It should be the parent protecting the child, not vice versa," Dad looked at me as we started walking. "Don't you think?"
"I'm your protection detail, Dad," I replied. "This is my job, it's not personal."
"You're just like your mom," Dad nodded.
"I am," I smiled. My phone rang and I looked at it. I picked up. "What's up, JJ?"
"We have another body, but it's not Drew or Devin," JJ replied. "The file has been sent to you."
"Hold on," I sighed. I grabbed my tablet from my dad and checked it. I scrolled through the pictures and stopped on a picture they found on him. "That's Todd Austin, JJ." I turned the screen on the tablet off and handed it to my dad. "Todd hasn't done anything. He's innocent."
"He must have done something to the unsub," JJ replied.
"Great," I replied and hung up. "They just found Todd."
"Why Todd?" Dad asked.
"Because they couldn't get to you or Devin," I sighed. "Damn it."
"Hey, language," Dad pointed.
"It comes with the job," I smarted back. I realized what I just did. "I am so sorry, Dad. Just, I don't want to lose you." I stopped in front of Starbucks and Dad stopped as well. "I love you, Dad, but the thought of losing you keeps coming to my mind."
"Natalya, I'm not dying anytime soon," Dad nodded. "Come here." He pulled me in for a hug. "I will leave you alone only if you make that decision to not let me be a part of your life. That's the only way I will leave."
"I know," I nodded as I let go. I saw a red dot moving on my dad's face. "Dad, get down." We hid behind a car as the gunshot went off. I pulled my gun as people were running and taking cover. The car we were taking cover with was taking heavy fire. "Are you okay, Dad?"
"I'm fine," Dad nodded. "But I don't think this car can take any more hits!"
"I know!" I stated as shots kept going off. I press the button on my watch twice. I got out my phone and called Daddy. I put the phone up to my ear. I stood up and took two shots and got back down. "Pick up."
"Natalya," Daddy stated.
"I need some backup!" I exclaimed. I held my arm out and shot a couple rounds. "I don't think my panic button was working."
"Alee, did we get a signal from her watch?" Daddy asked.
"No, but we're on our way," Mom stated.
"There's the signal," JJ stated in the background.
"We're on our way," Daddy stated and hung up.
"Okay," I sighed as I put my phone in my pocket. I peered out and a shot hit the car. I took cover. "I know where that shot came from. We have to move cars."
"What?" Dad asked.
"I will cover you as you move to that car," I pointed. "On three."
"No, Natalya," Dad nodded. "That's not a good idea."
"It is," I nodded. "Go!" I stood out and started shooting where I thought the shots came from. Dad ran to the next car. I ran out and jumped behind the car as shots were heard. "I'm out." I got my clip out of my gun and put a new one in it. "Refilled."
"How many do you carry?" Dad asked.
"I have a rod that I wear under all my clothes that is on the back of my spine," I nodded. "Six clips on it. I don't wear it unless I know I'm going to be taking heavy fire. I only carry one extra just in case." I looked at my dad as I got my gun ready. "And I'm on my only extra clip now." A car screeched behind the one we were hiding. My mom got out and I smiled. "Mom!"
"Natalya, get into the bulletproof car," Mom pointed.
"Okay," I nodded. Dad and I got into the backseat as Mom took a couple of shots. "Thank you."
"You're welcome, baby girl," Daddy chuckled from the driver's seat. "By the way, we are going to need that watch back. Technical difficulties."
"Yeah," I replied. I took the watch off and handed it to him. "Daddy, if you are going to give me gadgets from the Bureau, make sure everything works fine."
"It worked fine two weeks ago," Daddy replied as he looked at it. "Probably short circuit or a loose wire somewhere."
"Either way, just fix it," I replied. "I need it to work if I am going to be in the field."