Chap 14 "Emergency C-Section"

Natalya's POV
"I'm really going to miss the BAU," I sighed.
"You're not returning after the pregnancy?" Daddy asked.
"I'm going to take a couple of years off to raise Hank and then maybe try to get back into the Bureau," I replied. "This isn't what I imagined to happen to me at sixteen. We didn't know what we were getting ourselves into when we got the case. Also, Kevin was never part of this decision."
"Look at this as a blessing," Mom looked at me. "Hank is a blessing. You were a blessing to me." Daddy's phone rang again. "We really gotta go."
"We'll talk later, Mom," I nodded. Mom and Daddy left. "Can we go look for a car now?"
"Yeah," Kevin smiled. We walked to the nearest dealership which was the GMC dealership. "What catches your eye?"
"I love a four door car but I don't want something little," I sighed.
"Hello," a guy walked up to us. "I'm Jeffery. If you're looking for something just for the two of you, I would suggest the Sierra 2500 Denali HD."
"I don't think my girlfriend would want a truck," Kevin replied.
"I don't," I nodded. "We have a baby on the way so we're looking at a small SUV."
"Like a suburban?" Jeffery asked.
"Smaller," I responded. "IF I wanted something big, I would've asked the Bureau."
"You work for the FBI?" Jeffery asked.
"Why?" Kevin asked.
"The Bureau is offering agents a free new car and they'll pay for it," Jeffery nodded. "You gotta be able to prove it and you can drive off with it."
"How's this?" I asked as I showed him my badge. "I want the GMC Acadia."
"Good car for a family," Jeffery held up the keys. "It's yours if you want it."
"What do you think, Kevin?" I asked.
"Whatever you want, baby," Kevin shrugged.
"Grab the keys," I nodded. "We're out of here." Kevin did. We got into the car and he started driving. "I need to say something but we just started dating for six months."
"What is it?" Kevin asked.
"Just nevermind," I nodded. I saw a SUV with its lights and sirens pass by. "That was my mom. Follow her."
"Hold on," Kevin sighed. He followed her. Mom came to a stop and he parked behind her. "Mrs. Morgan."
"Natalya, Kevin," Mom looked at us. "What are you doing here?"
"Helping," I replied.
"Okay, just please be careful," Mom threw us each a vest and a gun. "Be very careful."
"Always," I nodded. She handed me a gun. We followed her to the roof. "Is that ---"
"Natalya," said the guy.
"Jake Puckerman," I stated. "What's going on?"
"Dustin has gone crazy," Jake stated. "Please don't let him shoot me."
"Why?" Dustin asked. "You would date him but not me."
"Dustin, you don't have to do this," I replied. Dustin held the gun at Jake's head. "How about a deal? Me for him?"
"No," Daddy nodded.
"Dustin, me for him," I nodded as I stood seven feet away from them. "Let him go and you can have me."
"You're lying," Dustin replied. He pointed the gun at his own head. "If I can't have you, then you can't have him."
"Wait, no!" I exclaimed, but it was too late. He already pulled the trigger and they both went down. "Jake!" I grabbed Kevin and cried into him. "I couldn't save him. I couldn't save him."
"Get her out of here," Mom stated.
"Yes, ma'am," Kevin stated. Kevin took me downstairs and we stopped on the sidewalk. "Hey. It's okay."
"Jake didn't deserve that," I nodded as I pulled myself together. "His brother is going to be angry and sad. I know his brother through my mom. His brother is Noah Puckerman, United States Air Force." A guy ran past us, shoving me against the SUV. I felt a sharp pain in my side as I his the SUV. "Ah!" I grabbed my side. "Kevin?" I saw him run after the guy. "Kevin?" I looked at my hand and there was blood. "Ah...Kevin?!"
"Natalya!" Daddy ran over to me and held me up. "What's wrong, sweetheart?"
"I'm bleeding," I stated. Daddy took off my vest and lifted my shirt. "That hurts."
"It doesn't look good," Daddy responded.
"Daddy, I think the guy stabbed me," I nodded.
"I lost him," Kevin ran back to us.
"You gotta get me to a hospital," I stated, getting weak. "Please, now."
"I'll take her," Daddy replied. "Get Alee and meet us there."
"Yes, sir," Kevin replied.
"Hurry," I sighed. Daddy got me into the SUV and started speeding. "Daddy, I can't feel anything. Please hurry. I'm worried about Hank."
"Hang in there, honey," Daddy stated. He grabbed my left hand with his right hand. "Just keep squeezing my hands, Natalya. I'm not going to let you die on my watch."
"Just hurry, Daddy," I whispered. I blacked out. I woke up to a steady beeping in the room. I looked around. I saw Daddy sleeping in the chair to my left next to my bedside. I felt a pain in my lower abdomen. I also saw a little baby bed to my left with a baby in it. "Daddy?" My throat was dry. "Daddy?" I saw him shift a little bit before he opened his eyes. "Daddy."
"Natalya," Daddy stated.
"Water," I nodded. He grabbed a cup from the table that had a straw. He let me drink from it. I stopped and he put the cup back. "Daddy, what happened?"
"Let's not talk about this right now," Daddy replied. "The good thing is that you're okay and you're alive."
"Daddy, what about Hank?" I asked. "I feel pain and I don't like it."
"They had to do an emergency c-section," Daddy sighed. I looked at him. "Baby, you were touch and go. The doctor's made the decision after getting consent from your mom."
"What did Mom say?" I asked.
"Something in the context of I'll rather lose one than lose both of them," Daddy replied. "We had to have Hank prematurely and then they worked on you. Like I said, you were touch and go for awhile but they finally got you stabled." I sighed. "You were losing fluids which was going to kill Hank so that's why they got him out before they could work on you."
"Morgan," Mom walked in holding a cup of coffee. She handed it to him. "Natalya, are you okay?"
"I'll be fine," I nodded. "How's Hank?"
"He's doing good," Mom smiled. "Kevin's been a great father. He's been out shopping for a nursery for Hank and setting it up. He's been buying clothes and other necessities." I smiled. "I'm glad you are finally awake. You've been out for half a day."
"That's normal under sedation," I replied. We all smiled. Kevin walked in. "Kevin."
"Natalya," Kevin smiled. He have me a soft hug. "When you get better, I'll give you a better hug."
"I know," I nodded. "Just continue doing what you're doing."
"I'm here to take care of you," Kevin nodded.
"There she is," JJ walked in with blue balloons and a teddy bear. "How are you feeling sweetie?"
"Like I was stabbed," I sighed with a slight smiled. "I'm glad Hank is okay."
"Just like her mama," Daddy smiled. "Her child before herself."
"Do you want to hold Hank?" Mom asked. "Are you okay to hold him?"
"Yes, Mom," I nodded. I understand my mom bring worried because of the condition I was in. "I would like to hold him."
"Here," Mom smiled. She handed Hank to me in my arms. "He's so precious."
"He is," I smiled. "He has my eyes and smiled."
"Could I ask about the father?" Kevin asked.
"It was a case," I sighed. "A misunderstanding."
"We don't talk about it," Daddy nodded.
"Okay," Kevin put his hands up.
"When do I get released?" I asked.
"In two days," Mom replied. "It's on the twenty third."
"That's two days before Christmas," I sighed.
"Hank's gotta be in here for two weeks," Mom nodded.
"Mom, that ruins your Christmas plans," I looked at her.
"It doesn't," Mom smiled. "Your dad and I are going to help some of the less fortunate angels this year." I looked at Mom. "JJ, help me out here."
"You, Kevin, and Hank deserves your first Christmas together," JJ nodded. "As your own family. The family's first Christmas."
"Okay," I sighed. "I understand."
"Natalya, we're not pushing you away," Mom looked at me. "I want you to spend time with your family."
"Mom, I understand your logic," I smiled. "You don't have to explain yourself. We have next year and the years after." Mom smiled and nodded. Daddy's phone beeped and he dropped his head. "Go."
"Baby, I'm sorry," Daddy sighed.
"Daddy, go," I looked at him. "You have people to save."
"Yeah," Daddy smiled as he gave me a kiss on my forehead. "Baby girl." He grabbed Mom's hand. "Ready to take me to work?"
"Yeah," Mom nodded. JJ left. "Grandpa will be here, okay?"
"Go," I smiled. "I'll be fine. I have Kevin."