Chap 21 "Unit Chief"

Barry's POV
Six months had passed. Natalya and I are getting married in two days. I had taken Natalya and her dad, Derek Morgan, to see her biological dad, Drew Ryan Scott. "Is this a good idea?" I asked.
"He's got a right to know," Natalya nodded. She was about to ring the doorbell when the door opened. "Hey."
"Natalya, hi," Drew replied. "Cme in." We walked inside as he closed the door. "What are you doing here?"
"I was going to invite you to my wedding but it looks like you got travel plans," Natalya saw his suitcases. "Where are you headed?"
"South Korea, on business," Drew nodded. "I'm sure Derek could walk you down the aisle."
"That's what I wanted to talk to you about," Natalya sighed.
"What?" Drew asked.
"Barry, I can't do it," Natalya left the house.
"Is she okay?" Drew asked.
"I'll check on her," Derek sighed. "Barry, you know what to do."
"Yeah," I nodded as Derek left the house. "She's getting married in two days to me. SHe wanted to tell you Derek is the one that is going to talk her. He's always been her first choice." Drew looked disappointed. "I'm just the messenger."
"What am I?" Drew asked. "Do you know I'm her biological father?"
"Yes, sir," I nodded. "I do know you're her biological father."
"Why is she like this?" Drew asked.
"As a father, you're supposed to know every aspect of your child's life," I looked at him. "You have a grand-child and you don't even know it. Maybe if you would've picked up one of her calls, you would know." I walked to the front door. "I love Natalya and I will be her protector and stand with her for what she believes in and what she wants." Drew crossed his arms as he shifted his position. "All I know is that she has one true father figure and it's that man out there who put his life on the line in front of criminals every day but still comes him in one peice to tell his daughter that he loves her."
"I love Natalya," Drew stated.
"You sure have a funny way of showing it," I replied. I left the house. "Okay, it's been done."
"I love you, Barry," Natalya smiled.
"And I love you," I nodded.
"Do you guys wanna help assist on a case?" Derek asked.
"I thought you resigned," Natalya looked at him. "Unless there's something that you're not telling me."
"I got a text asking if I would like to help," Derek stated. "Wait a minute. Why did they ask to bring Natalya with me?"
"I can answer that," I nodded.

*FLASHBACK*
"Barry Allen," Natalya walked up to me. "Why did you have the FBI send me a recommendation letter?"
"You strive in the Bureau," I looked at her. "I'm glad you work with me at STAR Labs but I know how much you miss the Bureau." She crossed her arms. "Should I keep going?"
"You have more on your mind," Natalya nodded. "So, keep going."
"Well, we'll have to relocate back to Quantico but I can run it for work," I nodded.
"I don't know," Natalya sighed. I looked at her. "You know what?" She smiled. "Let's do it. We can make it work."
*END FLASHBACK*

"How long?" Derek asked.
"Four months," Natalya sighed. "I asked the team not to say anything."
"What's your position?" Derek asked.
"Unit chief," Natalya replied.
"I guess it does run in the family," Derek smiled as he hugged Natalya. "First your Grandpa Aaron, then your mom, me, and now you." I smiled. "I'm so proud of you."
"Thank Barry," Natalya let go of Derek. "He talked me into it."
"Well, let's head to Quantico," Derek nodded. I ran us back to Quantico. We walked to the BAU conference room. "Hey guys."
"Oh, my God," Garcia hugged Derek. "You're here. You're really here."
"I am, Garcia," Derek nodded.
"Dad, Prentiss is back with us from London," Natalya smiled. "It took a lot of convincing but I made her jump the pond to come back over here."
"Some convincing that was," I nodded. "She had to hire me so I'm working between here and ---"
"They know?" Derek asked.
"And promised to keep it a secret," JJ nodded.
"And it's okay. We're all a family here now," I nodded. "Unfortunately, if this team expands, we have to keep quiet a lot. Until we're certain they can be trusted."
"We don't have a case," Prentiss smiled. "We asked you back to keep Natalya and Barry away from their home for a little bit."
"What do you plan on doing to our home?" I asked.
"Instead of having a bachelorette or a bachelor party, you two are just going to have a party together," JJ smiled. "Tomorrow is the rehearsal dinner and then the wedding is the day after."
"That's no fun," Derek replied.
"I don't really mind it," I nodded. "Alcohol doesn't take a toll on me. My metabolism is too high and it just evaporates from my body." I put my arm around Natalya. "Which is perfectly fine with me. I can have a clear head while I take down the metas."
"And a clear head when on the job, Barry," Natalya smiled. "What about Cisco, Caitlyn, and Iris? Caitlyn is my maid of honor and Cisco is the best man." I nodded. "I'm not doing anything without them."
"They'll be landing within the hour," JJ nodded. "Don't worry, we invited all your other super powered friends too."
"How much do you really know?" Derek asked.
"Everything," I replied. "All per Natalya's request."
"Wow," Derek nodded. "You really thought of everything."
"Yeah, now get the two of them out of here and don't take them home till about seven thirty," Prentiss smiled.
"Alright," Derek replied. "Let's go, guys." We walked out of the building and got into his SUV. "Where do you guys want to go?"
"We usually spend our time at home," I replied. "We haven't been in Quantico long but Natalya has shown me all her favorite places." Natalya was sitting in the front passenger seat looking at a case file. I was in the back seat and Derek was driving. "I don't even think she's listening to me."
"No, she is not," Derek smirked. "Watch this. Sweetheart, you think Bryant will enjoy a trip to Candyland for Christmas this year?"
"Mhmm, yeah, sure," Natalya replied.
"Natalya, what's going on?" I asked. No reply. "Natalya?" She didn't even say anything. I grabbed the file from her and she looked at me. "You're too focused on this unsub."
"Barry, it was a prison break," Natalya replied. "I'm going to recapture the guys that broke loose. I'm not going to let them hurt anymore people."
"She got her stubbornness from you," I replied as I handed the case file back. "Have you told him about Reid?"
"Now I have to tell him," Natalya sighed.
"What happened to him?" Derek asked.
"Spencer was arrested and charged with drug possession with the attempt to deliver and murder," Natalya replied. "We got him extradited from Mexico to here with help from Matt Simmons and the international team. Only because the murder victim was an American citizen. We got him clear so it'll be okay. Well, it was okay." I held Natalya's hand. "It was hard. I don't believe Spencer could've done any of that and I was right. It was Scratch."
"You guys still haven't caught him?" Derek asked.
"No, because he's always one step ahead," Natalya stated.
"By the time I get to his location, he's already gone," I sighed. "We need to be faster."
"You're fast enough, we just need to be two steps ahead," Natalya replied. "You and Supergirl combined, we won't find him. He's just that good."
"You guys are going to get him," Derek nodded. "I believe in you."
"Thanks, Dad," Natalya replied as she smiled. Her phone rang and she looked at it. "It's the correctional facility." She picked up her phone and I sent a text to Joe. "Hello?"
"Natalya," Reid sighed as she put it on speaker. "I need your help."
"On our way," Natalya replied. He hung up. Derek drove us to the facility and we met Spencer Reid in a room. "Hey, what's going on?"
"They brought the case back," Reid sighed. "I can't go to your wedding."
"We'll fight through it like we did last time," I nodded. "Hang in there, man. We'll get Natalya's mom to represent you this time."
"I hope so," Reid nodded. "I'll be back. I got to visit with someone."
"We'll be here," I nodded. Reid left the room with the guard. "Babe?"
"This isn't good," Natalya sighed. "His full tox screen panel didn't show scopolamine so it's going to be hard to put Scratch behind this. That's why they brought the case back. I knew it wasn't going to stick the first time." I nodded. "Dad?"
"Go see who's visiting," Derek nodded.
"We don't want any surprises," I sighed. Derek left. "He isn't going to show up."
"For his sake, I hope he doesn't, but for my friend, I hope he does," Natalya replied. "This guy's gotten a kick out of messing with my family. It's gotta end."
"We're gonna get him," I hugged her. "We're gonna get him before he comes after the rest of us. I promise you he will not touch the rest of the team." I looked her in the eyes. "If we come face to face with him, he's going to have to get through our super-powered friends."

Morgan's POV
I walked out to the visitor's room to see Alee meeting with Reid. "Alee," I walked up to them. "What's going on?"
"Now that I'm not with the Bureau, Reid was hoping I could represent him," Alee replied. "I already talked to Emily about this. She said it was fine. She's your superior, right?"
"Things have changed in the past couple months, babe," I replied.
"Who's the unit chief?" Alee asked.
"Our daughter," I replied.
"Our daughter, Natalya Scott?" Alee asked. Everyone turned to looked at us. She apologized and they went back to their visiting. "I didn't know she took the position."
"She's back in one of the interview rooms," I sighed. I looked around. "And I really don't like how that guy's looking at you."
"Hey, I can handle myself," Alee nodded.
"I still don't like it," I sighed. I asked the guard to put me in a room with the inmate and he did. I looked at the inmate. "What's your name?"
"Luis Delgado," he replied. "Why you wanna know?"
"Why were you looking at the woman out there like you were disgusted?" I asked. He gave me the same look. "Just like how you're looking at me now."
"White people, they're nothing like us," Luis looked at me. "They think they've got it all. Little do they know, we'll soon be taking their jobs."
"Hey, man, that's my wife you're talking about," I replied.
"You married her?!" Luid asked.
"For sixteen years," I nodded. "We have a fourteen year old son and my step-daughter who's twenty two."
"Dad," Natalya appeared at the door. "We gotta go."
"Alright," I replied. "Watch your back." I left the room and met Barry and Natalya in the SUV. "Ready to go home?"
"Yeah," Natalya nodded. We got to their house and we got out of the car. "I'm glad to be home."
"Looks like everybody is here now," I pointed at the SUVs lined in front of her house. "They started the party without you."
"Well, they probably already know about Reid too," Barry nodded.
"It's not a surprise if they do," I nodded. "Your mom called Emily and Emily said it was fine for her to represent Reid."
"I was gonna call her," Natalya sighed.
"She beat you to it," I replied. "It's not a surprise."

Natalya's POV
Garcia stumbled out of mine and Barry's house as Dad, Barry, and I were about to walk up to the door. "Dad," I stated.
"Oh, my God!" Garcia walked up to us.
"Oh, hey," Dad nodded. She was in a nice dress. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. What is happening right now?"
"You're what's going on. Right now is what's ---" Garcia stopped mid-sentence. "You are here. Do you know what's happening right now? It is done. The wedding plans are done. Yes, done. I'm in it!"
"Mom," I stated as Mom walked out to us.
"How much did she have?" Dad asked as Garcia started poking Dad's arm.
"She started out with Jaeger," Mom replied.
"Jaeger?" Dad asked.
"I love you," Garcia smiled.
"Okay," Dad nodded.
"I love you," Garcia nodded. "And I love you so much." She pointed at Barry. "And you." She held onto Mom's shoulders. "I should be jealous of you because you're so hot, but I'm not. I'm not. I promise you I'm not. I'm not." I put my hands over my mouth. "I promise. No, I'm not. 'Cause you know what? All I feel in here is love. I just ---" I nodded. "I am feeling --- I'm full of love." She turned back towards the house and started walking towards the door. "So much love. I'm wearing too many clothes."
"Uhm, I got this," Mom ran inside to help Garcia.
"Maybe I should just have left wine and beer first," I pointed. "Kept all the hard stuff in the safe."
"You think?" Barry asked.
"At least we know that some of them might be too drunk to remember Reid's in prison," I sighed. "Let's hope that our wedding doesn't have to be moved because of some case that comes up. I'll be a bit upset."