Chapter 17

I pull a torch off the wall and lead Darien down the tunnel through the castle. 

"How do you know these tunnels so well?" Darien asks once we're a ways in. 

Without turning around, I say "I've been playing in these tunnels since I was a little girl. I know them like the back of my hand." 

I can almost feel him nodding behind me. 

"I think you owe me an apology," I say. 

"What?"

I spin around as the fire lights his features up. 

"You kidnapped me and locked me in my own castle. You tried to keep me off the throne, which by the way, is not going to happen. Your sister won't be getting the throne, my mother and my people would never allow it." 

He looks like he misheard me. "I'm only helping you get out of here so I can keep you somewhere else." 

"Oh really? Cuz it sure looks like I'm the one who's helping you." 

He frowns.

Darien's P.O.V. 

The light from the fire makes Ariana's features glow. I shake my head. 

Why am I thinking about that? 

"Fine, I'm sorry for kidnapping you. And as for your people, are you sure they'll help you? When was the last time you've even seen them?" 

She creases her eyebrows. "Why does that matter? They will stand by their rightful queen, no matter what." 

I run a hand through my hair. "Who told you that? Your mother? Your advisors? How would they know?" 

"They've been dealing with them." I scoff and push past her. 

She follows me down the tunnel with the torch. 

Once we get out of this Godforsaken place, I'll take her to a place where I can control her.

Hello, lovelies! Where do you think Darien is taking her? Don't forget to vote and tell me your thoughts in the comment section! :D