Chapter 12: Kenneth

August 24th

Carmen opened the door and she was glowing. Her face was flushed and her pupils were big, her eyes intense. She was wearing a tank top and shorts, braless. She grabbed my hand and pulled me to her bed, kissing me.

My alarm woke me from my dream.

It was only a dream but it was just like last Monday when she did answer my door and she was actually glowing. She was just wearing a tank top and shorts, and her eyes were actually intense. That made it so much harder to tell her that we could never explore our feelings with each other. But then she kissed me and that made is almost impossible. I thought about the kiss in Brazil a lot, even when I didn't want to, sometimes subconsciously. That kiss was great, this one was a million times better. When we kissed it felt like our auras were mixing together. A long time ago we studied our auras. Hers was yellow, mine was blue, and when we kissed it turned green, became one. I thought about that kiss almost every second since it happened, meaning I dreamed about it, meaning I woke up with a lot of morning wood.

When I saw Carmen leave with Joe I almost chased after them. I wasn't sure if I would've beat him up or apologized and taken everything back. Probably both. When she avoided me the whole day I started texting her. She never replied, and we didn't speak for the whole week.

On the second Monday for the school year it was just Carmen, Gabriel, and me in the house since Dean had already moved out, Eve was going to a new school, and Dad and Pop stayed in the townhouse. Gabriel had woken up earlier than us to practice for the musical or something, so it was just Carmen and I.

I didn't see her at all last night. As much as I loved her and wanted to be with, I also just missed her. She was my best friend who knew everything about me, even the most embarrassing things, the most intimate things. I couldn't tell anyone else about every single thought that went through my mind. Some of my thoughts would bore people or be too weird or wouldn't be understood. Carmen always understood and listened. 

As I sat at the kitchen table, eating cereal, I knew I couldn't stand it.

I stood up and went upstairs. I didn't even knock on Carmen's door. She wasn't in there so I opened her bathroom door. I should've really known better. Carmen bathed a lot, sometimes twice a day, usually in the morning and after rehearsal. So when I went into the bathroom, the room was ironically and appropriately full of steam as she stood naked in front of the sink. She grabbed the towel and threw it around her quickly but the image of her body fresh out of the shower would never leave my mind.

We stood facing each other for almost a minute. Her eyes were as intense as they looked in my dream. Fuck. This was not easy. She wrapped the towel around her, twisting it so it would stay closed, her eyes still on me. Slowly, she walked over to me. She was a lot shorter than me, so she stood on her toes to kiss me. Fuck.

She kept kissing me and this time I didn't pull away. I had way too many hard ons over the past week and Madison and I only had sex once because we were both getting busier. I kissed her back, everything I said about not being able to be together going out the window. I was getting hard fast. She kept kissing me, her hands on me. Then she went down onto her knees and undid my pajama pants, taking me in her mouth. It felt so good but I felt bad. I didn't ask her to do this but I wasn't sure why she was going down on me. Fuck, it felt so good though. 

When she finished me off she kissed up my body and up to my lips. We kissed for a few minutes, slowly. She pulled away and we just stared at each other. I backed out of the bathroom, more confused than I had ever been. 

I didn't finish my cereal. I changed into some clothes, bumbling around my room because I couldn't focus. I was already running late but when I went downstairs Carmen was sitting on the couch, looking at her phone.