Chapter 29: Eve

October 25th

After visiting home and seeing Gabriel in his musical, we had a girls' day. Gloria, Leslie, and I took Melody out shopping for the day to get her some new clothes. We were all going to get some new clothes, makeup, and Leslie was going to get her hair done with Melody, but in reality I was doing this for Melody but didn't want her to realize she was a project.

"It's a lovely day today," she said as we walked down the street. 

"It really is," I said. It was cool but not too cold, just a nice fall day. I was wearing my black leggings, black ankle boots, and a pink silk shirt with a black leather jacket and sunglasses. Gloria was in a maxi skirt, crop top, and denim jacket. Leslie was in khaki skinny jeans and a Dalton sweatshirt with her glasses, looking like a college prep really. Then Melody was in jeans, a t-shirt, and a green jacket. It was apparent our styles were different, but Melody needed more work.

We went to Lafayette fashion. Gloria's mother Carla was working that day and greeted us warmly. 

"Let me show you some of newer collections," she said, leading us to another room. "We have a great selection of winter clothing that just came in."

"I need a new coat," Gloria said.

"You have three coats already Gloria," her mother replied.

"Yes but I don't have a red coat. I could use a red one."

"I could use a few new coats, sweaters, and scarves as well," I said. "What do you guys need?"

"I could always use more sweaters," Leslie said shyly. She knew I was going to pay and wasn't sure how to feel about it. 

"I don't think I really need anything new," Melody said. "I just buy all my stuff at work."

"I know Macy's sells some of my father's stuff, but this is a bigger selection so maybe you can find something you like," I said. 

When Gloria and Leslie were looking at clothes, I looked at scarves next to Melody. "I would love it if you helped yourself to whatever you like," I said to her. "I know you probably don't need much, but if you see something you like then you can have it."

"Are you offering to buy for me Eve?" she asked.

"I'm not really buying it since my father owns it. I know, you don't want to take stuff for free all you like, but I would like to do this for you. I want to."

She nodded, smiling. She always had a small smile on her face. "I do like this scarf," she said, holding up a pink one.

I bought the most out of everyone because since revamping my wardrobe a few months ago I didn't buy that much winter clothing. Gloria got a coat and a few things, Leslie got a few sweaters and boots, and then Melody got a scarf, hat, and two sweaters.

After that we went to the salon. We all got a manicure and pedicure. I got my hair trimmed while Gloria got hers trimmed and also got an undercut. Melody got her cut shorter and styled more along with some highlights. Leslie just got a trim, and then Leslie, Melody, and I got a light spray tan. We received facials as well, and then got our makeup done, buying some of the makeup that they recommended. 

Then we got dinner at a nice restaurant on top of a skyscraper that overlooked the city.

"Thank you for taking us out Eve," Melody said. "This is a nice place."

"You're welcome. I just figured it would be fun," I said.

"Chad is so jealous," Leslie said, chuckling. "He wanted to come."

"It's a girls' trip, he can go have a guys' day," Gloria said.

"He doesn't have guys he hangs out with, he just hangs out with me and Eve."