Chapter 3

Vyla opened her eyes and panicked, not knowing where she was. As she turned to her other side, she realized she was in Corey's bed next to him.

"Holy shit!" She screamed, pulling Corey out of a dead sleep.

"Fucking seriously, man? You thought we should just jump into bed?" She yelled

"Vyla. You still have clothes on. People typically have to remove at least the bottom part of their clothes to have sex. I assure you that we didn't." Corey said tiredly

Letting this news sink into her mind, as well as lifting the covers to make sure her clothes were still on, she calmed down slightly.

"Why the fuck are we in bed together then?" She demanded

" You were pretty upset last night and you fell asleep. I didn't want you scared or alone. I am sorry. I was only trying to help."

Corey said softly

"Um. Sorry. This whole being nice to me thing is pretty new for me, and I am really not used to it." She said looking away from him

They laid there quietly for a few moments not saying anything. Finally Vyla, not able to stand the quiet or seriousness breaks the ice "So, I just need to know something."

"What's that?" Corey asked raising his eyebrows at her 

" Was I any good?" She smirked at him

Corey starts laughing, which of course made Vyla laugh more

"Well, you snore. So.."

Vyla started laughing even harder. "Fair enough." She said. "I am going to take a shower." She grabbed her bag and headed towards the bathroom.

Once she closed the door and turned on the light, she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror. The black eye was way darker than she originally thought. Her makeup was smeared. There were distinct marks on her throat that resembled fingers from being grabbed. No amount of makeup was going to cover up the damage done this time. She sighed, taking her clothes off and getting in the shower.

A little while later, she is sitting in Corey's living room waiting for him to get out of the shower, when there is a knock at the door. Shrugging to herself, she gets up and answers it. However, she wasn't expecting to see two men, one being a giant towering man, and the other being a tattooed guy, sporting a bright red Mohawk.

"Uh. Um." The giant fumbled 

Vyla sighed growing impatient. "Spit it out today junior. I don't have all day" she said, earning a snicker from Mohawk guy

"Sorry." He said. "I was looking for Corey. Are you his girlfriend or something?" He asked uncomfortably