Thank You.

Hey, everyone!

I started this story on April 21st, 2015. It was an idea and I just felt like writing it; I'd never written teen fiction like this before and it was almost my first time trying it out. I was a little discouraged when it didn't work out but I continued to write. 

April 2016, it started getting more reads and votes (which was a first for me in my time using Wattpad). People genuinely liked it and asked for updates, and my confidence in myself grew. July 2016, I finished this story at some 20k reads and 8k votes and I was happy. 

What I didn't anticipate was this story continuing to grow.  The reads and votes were increasing and I was a little surprised, of course, and happy that somewhere in this world some people had partaken their precious time to read an admittedly very cliche story. And I'm grateful to all of you, old, young and future readers, for considering to read this when you came across it, or deeming it think it OK enough to add t your libraries. It doesn't matter if you read this years later, but I'm happy knowing it exists in your libraries and reading lists.

The reason I'm writing this that today I found out that this story has gotten almost 30K reads and 1K votes- my first ever on wattpad. I'm extremely happy, and thank you so much for getting me here. I really love you all, even if we've never met or talked. Readers unite <3

I started getting excited when I saw 900 votes. In the previous update I'd mentioned how I was planning on writing a spin off based on one of the characters in this story, Cassandra Holden. I promised myself that once TBBB reaches 1K, I would start publishing the chapters. I've written 3 so far and in the process of writing the 4th one, and needless to say, but this spin off turned out to be close and personal to me. It's almost as if I have based Cass' thoughts and personalities on MY backstory, and I wish to show people how I went from a very angry person to somewhat settled- a journey I want to take Cass on. It's why I have been obsessively looking over the story and trying to incorporate my life experiences as learning ones for Cass. I'll be publishing it slowly, because this is almost like a diary entry, lol. But I hope that you find it in your hearts to want to read this spin off as well and let me know how else I can improve, because life is a constant process of correcting yourself and learning, whether its how you live or how you write. 

The spin-off is titled A Knight in Pretty Shitty Armour. Initially it was supposed to be referring heavily to TBBB and I was going to write it as a short spin off within this book, but the more I thought about it, the more I had things to write about. I thus decided to publish it separately, with minimal references to TBBB save the characters occasionally dropping in, just in case new readers who have not read TBBB will not be terribly confused and put off. I wanted this to be Cass' story and not just her as a secondary character, the same way TBBB was Maddie and Colton's story. 

Here's to starting a new story and hoping people will love reading it. Thank you so much for motivating me to write the spin off; without having completed TBBB I would never have thought of writing it.

Cherie, XOXO