My hellfire

"I'm sorry about loosing the Teludav," Lance stood behind Lotor at he was in his quarters. Lotor had his back to him and was silent. He could feel the tension.

"Keith is the leader right now it seems, he was the red paladin before, he relies on instinct," Lance explained but fell silent when Lotor didn't respond.

"I really am sorry... Are you okay?" Lance sighed trying to keep his anxiety down.

"I am most irritated at the moment," Lotor turned to Lance with his hands behind his back. He could see lance was nervous... scared... he was scared of him.

"But luckily I'm sure I'll be able to work around it," he nodded looking at Lance.

"I'm sorry sir, we should've been more prepared," Lance pursed his lips keeping his eyes down.

"That you should've but there is nothing we can do now," Lotor let out a small breath of disappointment.

"But seriously are you okay?" Lance asked gulping a little finally looking at the prince.

"Even a leader can't keep it all in, I tell you everything, cause I trust you like that, tell me something if you trust me just as much," Lance gave him a soft look, the hostility in Lotor seemed to be gone. He wasn't sure still.

"I am well, despite the last battle, everything is going according to plan," Lotor looked at him more relaxed.

"Was I part of that plan?"

"No, I never seen you or your team before that battle, but when I did see you, I saw everything you could become," Lotor smiled setting a hand over lances head for a moment. Lance couldn't help but smile a little and they sat on the bed together as Lance took his hands off him.

"Something else is bothering you than thinking I'm using you?" Lotor questioned.

"It's nothing, it's stupid," Lance gulped.

"If it's bothering you then it's anything but stupid, tell me, don't make a prince beg, not after a hard day," Lotor grabbed his hand gently and Lance felt his heart speed up.

"Sorry," Lance looked away remembering the Teludav.

"Never mind that, now tell me," Lotor ran his thumb over lances.

"I thought you would've been furious with me failing," lance pursed his lips. He was familiar with the feeling he was feeling when he was with Lotor.

"I was only frustrated but it's over now, I promise I'm not angry," Lotor told him gently to assure him.

They looked at each other as lance felt blush brush against his cheeks. This man was to kind to him. Lance felt so relaxed with him, just being around him was welcoming. Lotor listened to him and tried to help the best he could. He's had this feeling before but lost it knowing someone else would never feel the same of how lance admired them. Loved them.

"Can I tell you something?" Lance whispered.

"Of course," Lotor nodded gently.

"You don't need to say anything, but if I don't say anything I know I'll hate myself for it.." he said quietly ready to risk everything.

"There's this guy, I admired him, he was amazing at everything he did, everyone loved him, everyone respected him, he could fight like he's done it for years, lead with no one questioning it, even if he was hot tempered at times," Lance frowned as he didn't look at Lotor and let go of his hand as Lotor listened.