Doubt

"Attention citizens of the galra empire. From this day forward my son, Lotor, is to be regarded as a fugitive criminal of the empire, all citizens are authorized to use deadly force to stop him or any of his soldiers. I repeat, prince Lotor is an enemy of the state, engage with extreme prejudice,"

"Kill on sight,"

------

No ones said much of anything as the days passed of traveling, no real conversation except for Acxa telling Lotor about transitions and such. Lotor barely spoke a word.

Lance closed his eyes as he pictured earth and the soft beaches, not the dead of space where he was part of a war and now a refugee, no matter what he was on the wrong side, but always fought with those he loved. He was loyal.

He soon fell asleep staring out the window as his knees where pulled to his chest and leaned on the seat, he felt small in the passenger seat. Lance felt something spark in his mind as memories flooded his mind and Lance scowled in his sleep as it wasn't good ones. How his friends, once a family, now hated him and never wanted him back. How he constantly failed tests for garrisons, failing in class in high school. Failing to step on the breaks before a semi truck turned into him... Failing his sister.

He was tired of failing, he couldn't fail Lotor too...

It's all he did was fail, he failed to many people, he failed as a brother, he failed to make Keith keep smiling, he failed Voltron, he failed Narti, he was failing Lotor even now... It hurt, it hurt to much all at once. But suddenly the memory when they where at the central ship when Lotor was fired, the whispers in his head grew louder. Hagar.

"Turn back, forget, turn back, forget,"

Lance saw the scene fade white as ringing surrounded him and soon grew louder and louder until Lance woke up with a start.

"You okay?" Ezor asked through his helmet.

"What do you mean?" Lance asked hugging his torso with his eyes hooded a little tiredly.

"You know what I mean," she sighed.

"And with Lotor and all..."

"I don't know," he closed his eyes and felt tears in his eyes as he took a deep breath to keep himself together.

"You going to be okay?" She asked softly.

"I don't know Ezor, I'm scared, are we going to die?"

"Like from Lotor?" Ezor asked now worried.

"No, he had a reason for..." He couldn't say the name. "The empire,"

"Oh,"

"What are we going to do?" She put her forehead of her helmet against her knees.

"I don't know, we just have to trust Lotor, he's gotten us this far, he always has a plan," Lance whispered.

"Narti trusted him too,"

"I know, she knew what she got herself into, we all do ever since we became generals, I still trust Lotor Ezor, he has reasoning to do everything," Lance sighed as he knew no one was listening.

"You still trust him?" Ezor raised an eye brow sitting back up confused.

"Of course,"

"Okay... it's going to be okay right?" She whimpered as a few tears ran down her face.

"Yes, believe me Ez," Lance nodded trying to smile for her but could hear her sorrow for their lost friend.

"I'll miss her too," he whispered remembering narti's body, she didn't even know what was coming without the hesitation of Lotors blade. No one did. But he wasn't scared...

Lotor closed his eyes as he listened to them, his hands shook as he placed his palms over his helmet over his face as he clenched his jaw tightly. He couldn't believe he dragged them all into it. They all suffered because of him. He was thankful for the generals staying loyal... but he owed them more..

"God dammit," he rasped as he clenched his fist squeezing his eyes tightly while his claws grew and a little blood drew as he dug them into his palms.

"God dammit..." His voice hurt to talk as he was left alone in his station in the fighter ship. They no longer had the empire for now, they were to be killed if found. He couldn't do this to them. He felt so useless as Ezor had doubt in him, but Lance...

"I'll make it up to you, I promise," he whispered.