Good byes of enemies

"Voltron hasn't seen us in like a month, are they off our trail?" Lance sat against a table as he and Lotor where looking at a hologram of where they've seen Voltron and t was near them thankfully.

"It seems so, I believe laying low isn't a bad idea after all," Lotor smiled at Lance gently, pinkies hooked as they were close.

"Then like a surprise attack when needed, but for now I guess staying in the shadows isn't so bad," Lance smirked as Lotor glanced up at him from the table. Moved around to see the holograms but never lost Lances touch.

"I guess not," he chuckled turning to lean down as his and lances lips connected gently while Lotor held his waist feeling Lance smiling into the kiss.

"Seriously you two?" Ezor rolled her eyes walking in and they jumped apart flushed.

"Ezor-" "I don't care, just put up a sign or something," she stuck out her tongue.

"I apologize for how... Public it is," Lotor wiped his bottom lip glancing at Lance with a small smirk.

"Again, a sign," Ezor pointed at the door. "Or your own room,"

"I mean I'm glad you two are finally showing that your together after on what, how many months?" Ezor asked raising an eye brow while the others walked in confused.

"We only been together for like, a month," Lance looked at her and Ezor paled.

"Wait... You two weren't dating before..?" Her jaw dropped.

"Anyways," Acxa said loudly catching everyone's attention.

"Voltron broke into a galra prison ship when a prisoner sent out a distress signal," she crossed her arms as Lotor sat back in his chair.

"And the prisoner?" Lotor asked.

"Shot on sight,"

"Tragic," Lotor sighed sarcastically and Lance rolled his eyes at the man.

"Do we retrieve the prisoners?" Zethrid asked cracking her knuckles smirking.

Lotor thought for a second and glanced at Lance who had a blank look of being zoned out. He bit his lip and nodded looking back at Zethrid.

"Really?" She beamed.

"Lance may I speak to you personally?" Lotor stood up and Lance slowly nodded confused and followed him out.

"Keep it in your pants," Ezor sang looking st Lance who blushed and hurried out.

"Everything okay Lo?" Lance asked and he felt Lotor took his hands into his own.

"Your no longer captured," Lotor looked at him.

"What?" Lance asked confused.

"This may be the closest you get to Voltron without a fight, your free to go back to your team," Lotor told him seriously and Lance frowned with worried eyes.

"You don't want me anymore?" Lance asked hurt.

"No no no, Lance I truly do love you, please believe I do," Lotor held his hands close with a panic look on his face.

"I do," Lance nodded still confused. "There's a but,"

"But your no longer forced to fight for the galra anymore, to be one of us, I want you to be where your happy at, with your lion, with your friends," Lotor explained and Lance felt his eyes burn.

"They're my friends, your more to me," Lance placed a hand on Lotors cheek.

"I know my love, but I also know that your in pain when you fight against them, so you don't have to anymore," Lotor kissed his palm.

"Don't make me choose," Lance whispered.

"I will understand if you go back," Lotor smiled sadly.

"I don't want to leave you Lotor, not now, why would you do this now?" Lance cried out confused.

"What is your choice Lance? This hurts me as well," Lotor whispered closing his eyes.

"I'm sorry," Lance looked away.

"Don't be, I understand," Lotor opened his eyes again smiling at Lance.

"This isn't good bye," Lance told him with a nod. "I'm still going to love you, this isn't us breaking up,"

"There's no such thing as goodbye,"

"If you ever need me, I'm always here for you, emergencies or not my love," Lotor slipped a circular communicator on lances hand.

"You thought about this already?" Lance looked at it.

"I had to, I couldn't let you go with a snap of my fingers, for the past month I knew I would have to if I did love you, I don't want you to get hurt," Lotor sighed.

"Keep fighting, when this war is over, I'll see you again," Lance hugged him around the neck tightly and Lotor hugged him back tightly and pressed a kiss against lances head.

"I know, go redeem yourself, your stronger now, your worth so much more," Lotor whispered in his ear and Lance felt a tear roll down his face.

"I love you still," Lance looked at him as Lotor wiped the tear away.

"As I do you, I love you lance," Lotor kissed him slowly as they finally had each other's hearts but now parted to different sides of a war.

"See you soon," Lance sighed as he kissed Lotors cheek before walking away.

Lotor watched lances back to him knowing if he turned around Lotor would take it all back. But he didn't cause Lance probably knew the same think as he gripped the communicator.

Lotor felt a few tears run down his face as he looked away from Lance and wiped them away luckily his eyes weren't red but they may be slightly puffy. He sighed and walked into his control room.

"Set course for the empire, I have to see if our 'ally' from the base is still alive," Lotor said with no emotion while the women looked at him with wide eyes seeing no Lance.

Ezor wanted to asked but the look from Acxa told her it was a bad idea. They saw a small fighter from the side leaving the cruiser and Lotor looked away.

"Bye sharpshooter," Ezor said under her breath as she watched the man leave.