Had a lead but lost it

"Do you remember anything?" Keith asked as he ate with Lance while everyone was either training or doing their own thing.

"No, just when I went with that galra... A Commander, and um the prison," Lance lied not looking up.

He felt warm again as he had on his regular clothes with his jacket keeping him safe. He missed his jacket a lot. It was warm and reminded him of home. Chloe got one for him and Rachel for Christmas, tried claiming she made it but Lance just agreed even when he saw the tag on it. So he got her one just like the twins jacket so they all could match.

"And nayla?" Keith asked worriedly.

"She helped me when I was wounded badly," Lance smiled, that part was true.

"Do you have any prosthetics like Shiro did?" Keith pressed, he had to sure the galra couldn't track them.

"Nope, still got ten fingers and toes," Lance smiled at him.

"Then what's this?" Keith reached over and his fingers skimmed the bottom of lances neck seeing one of lances scars, but his hand was quickly slapped away.

"I was badly wounded I said," Lance frowned.

"I'm sorry," he looked away.

"We missed you a lot Lance, it wasn't the same," Keith smiled at him softly.

That made lance pause for a moment, it wasn't the same? It almost made him laugh. But who knows, he didn't know what was happening on this side of the team. For all he knew they tried.

"Did you look for me?" Lance asked with his eyes staring at the table. The question haunted him, a simple no could crush him but yes could do the same.

"Of course," Keith said with wide eyes.

"Why would you think we wouldn't look-" "that's all I needed Keith, thank you for at least looking, it means something still," Lance smiled at him before Keith could finish his sentence.

"Like how Pidge kept looking for her brother, and matts here now," he chuckled and Keith bit his lip and nodded.

"Can I see blue?" He asked standing up.

"Yea, she doesn't respond to Matt the same as she did with you, she knew you where alive the whole time," Keith put a hand on his shoulder.

"Cool," he shrugged putting his hands in his pockets and walked away as Keith rubbed his arm with a guilty look on his face and went to the others.

"Is he really okay?" Pidge asked as they where in the lounge.

"He doesn't seem to bad, he has some scar on his back but that's the only thing he's more sensitive about, he does seem a little different though," Keith crossed his arms looking down.

"Because he was a prisoner of the galra, if he doesn't remember what happened who knows what they did," pidge sighed a little shaking her head.

"There's something else," Allura looked at him noticing keiths silence.

"I told him that we looked for him," Keith sighed.

It went silent.

"You guys didn't look for Lance?" Shiro asked noticing how quiet they where.

"We where trying to find you, we did for a little but we needed to find you Shiro, your the leader," Keith explained as no one looked at him.

"Lance is apart of this team, if we didn't find Matt then we wouldn't be able to form Voltron, and you didn't look for him?" Shiro said in disbelief.

"Jesus you guys," he shook his head in disappointment. "You said you had a lead,"

"We did!" Pidge defended.

"But we lost it," hunk gulped.

"Shiro, we got lucky, don't be mad at them," Matt put a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm not mad, I'm very disappointed in all of you," Shiro crossed his arms and they didn't say anything while Keith looked back at the door hoping Lance wasn't there.

------

Lance stood in front of blue as he could feel her purring cool and calm in his head.

"I missed ya blue," he smiled at her and walked over as she bent down and let him in. He sat in the pilot chair and felt the controls under his fingers.

"I heard you, few days ago, and I'm sorry," Lance gulped.

"But if the time comes again between being a Paladin and being a general, I don't know what I'm going to do blue," he sighed sitting with his knees close to his chest.

"I felt important with Lotor, I love him, but here I feel like... I don't know, I don't think I was ever really needed here. Pidge has her brother and he's your pilot now, maybe the best thing I can do is step aside for the team," Lance sighed looking through her eyes.

"Would you hate me?" He looked up at her and felt her purr slowly and Lance smiled.

"What did I do to deserve you beautiful," Lance patter his seat smiling. He pulled out the communicator from his pocket and set it in front of him as he stared at the device.

It was dark blue with a glowing orange ring around it with Lotors symbol on the top.

"Should I? Lotors probably worried about me," Lance reached over and double tapped the top and a purple screen popped up as a hologram.

"Anyone there?" Lance leaned on his palm as he waited.

"Lance!?" It was Ezor.

"Good evening, how's my favorite pink cutie doing?" Lance smirked as she was on the screen.

"Where are you?! Why did you leave?! Did Lotor put you on a solo mission or-" "Ezor who are you talking too?" Lotor cut her off and Lance smiled more when he saw Lotors shocked face staring at him.

"So you figured out the communicator?" Lotor smiled at him gently.

"Yea you didn't exactly put instructions on it," Lance chuckled as Ezor winked and left the room.

"Did you return safely?" Lotor asked before the conversation continued.

"Yep, in blue right now, had some catching up to do," Lance looked around and Lotor raised an eye brow.

"What have you told your team?" Lotor asked calmly.

"That I don't remember anything except being injured and nayla helping me," Lance smirked.

"Smart, were laying low so there's no worries on facing us with your team, I hope that your treated well," Lotor sighed.

"More or less, I don't think I'm going to be a paladin though, pidges older brother is the blue paladin now," Lance told him.

"He is the replacement, not the original," Lotor said seriously.

"Thanks," Lance nodded.

"I miss you," Lance whispered playing with his fingers.

"I know, I do too my love," Lotor sighed and Lance blushed softly at the nick name. He loved it when Lotor called him that.

"Has Hagar been any trouble?" Lance shook his head.

"No, strangely quiet, she's been treating my father," Lotor huffed.

"You want him dead don't you?" Lance smirked.

"It wouldn't be so bad if he did," Lotor grinned deviously.

"Wow, bet he can't wait for Father's Day," Lance snickered.

"What's Father's Day?" Lotor asked.

"It's a holiday basically, to celebrate for fathers and how we appreciate them," Lance explained.

"That's ridiculous,"