H A E C H A N

A/n: yesss! Almost 100k reads thank you for all of the support and votes you have given to me ❤️🥇
-

Ever since you were little, all the parents would say Haechan never looked at anyone like he looked at you. When you were in the room, he wouldn't look at anyone except for you. But to you, Haechan was and will always be your best friend. Best friend. No strings attached. At least that's what you thought.

"Someday y/n, I'm going to become successful and rich just like my dad to buy you every single art supply you'll ever want."

Everyday, the both of you would go outside and run around on the small field you had in your neighborhood, until you moved away. You had moved to the states because your father had a better job opportunity.

After staying in the states till graduating, you moved back to Korea for college and to pursue your dream of becoming an artist. After getting used to being in Korea again, classes began for your first college semester. You walked in the crowded area while bumping into many people who didn't show much interest in anything really.

After classes were over, you walked into a quiet cafe to sit down and start reading your big, boring textbooks. College was a pain in the butt and for some strange reason, you were thinking about Haechan. Ever since you came back to Korea, he was always in the back of your mind. Everything around you reminded you of him. Why were you thinking of him after so long anyways? Lost in your thoughts, you stood up with a cup of coffee in your hand and crashed into someone spilling coffee all over their nice white shirt.

"y/n?, is that you?"

"Haechan?"

You had missed your best friend so much it hurt more than if a person punched you in the face ten times. But now, he was standing in front of you with a face of excitement and happiness.

You pulled him into a tight hug with him closing it by wrapping his arms around you.

But why did it feel like you thought of him more as a friend?

"Haechan, I have so much to tell you, I've missed you so much!"

"Me too y/n."

Man had he grown taller. You were a head shorter than him now.

You told him about pursuing your dream of painting and everything that was going on. You kept on blabbing but the only thing he could focus on was you. In his eyes, you had grown to be even more beautiful than you used to be, which he didn't know was even possible for someone to be so beautiful and stunning. Your presence lit up the whole room.

"So I was thinking about going to the restaurant our parents-"

"y/n."

"yes?"

"I need to tell you something."

"Alright, go ahead"

"y/n, I've been meaning to tell you this ever since we were little. I like you. So so much. No, it's not even a small crush, it's love. I love you y/n. You made me happy every single time I saw you when we were kids. I know kids wouldn't know what love is, but when I was with you, I felt like I did. Now I know I do. You're such a beautiful person inside and out and it reflects on other people too. I never forgot about you. I know I don't deserve you because you deserve the world. I just desperately needed to let you know because it was so hard to keep this in all these years. I'm sorry y/n, just pretend you didn't hear this okay?" he said as he slowly began to walk away, but you grabbed his arm.

Tears began to fall down your face and you were pretty damn sure why.

You loved him back.

It just all made sense.

He was always on your mind, and that was love to you.

"Who said I didn't love you back?"

You felt like the world stopped. It just felt so unreal. Him confessing and you confessing.

Haechan turned around and pulled you into a hug. You fell into his embrace and it was just like a lock and key. Like fate. They were made to fit each other perfectly. And that was you and Haechan. A lock and key.