Chap.21: Picking Up The Pieces....

Yuu's POV:
As Subaru and I dashed outside to search Yui, both of us to stop running for a bit to get some fresh air from all that running.

While we're strolling down outside, Subaru and I talked a bit, but not that much. To honest, I didn't expect Subaru to be so kind despite being such a total tsundere. Heh it's quite adorable when thinking about it since he's a tsundere after all.

"Hey Subaru?"

"Hm?"

He narrowed his eyes while we're strolling, I gave him a slight gentle grin.

"...Thanks...."

I thanked him, but he narrowed his eyes away from me and tsked.

"I don't need you to thank me."

He bluntly stated as I rolled my eyes at his stubbornness.

He really is a tsundere.

I thought while strolling outside, I suddenly thought about Subaru's family since Shu mentioned him back in the bathroom. Guess I should ask him.

"Hey Subaru?"

"What?"

He grumbled while walking, I asked him about his family where I remembered the dream that I had last night about the brothers, but he doesn't seem to friendly about talking, so maybe I should keep this in a minimum level....

"So I know this seems strange to ask, but...was the woman that I saw from my dream your mother?"

I asked curiously, but I tried to not to make it too straightforward. However, Subaru didn't really say anything, but I did notice his fist clenching. Which I feel bad for asking.

"Oh umm s-sorry, I should've asked you that. You don't have to answer if you-"

"Did she say anything to you?"

He cuts me off with a curious question.

"Huh?"

"Just answer the damn question!"

He yelled impatiently as I flinched at his temper.

"Okay, okay, just calm down first!"

I persuade him where I sighed softly and explained to him.

"I did saw her in my dream, but she didn't say anything to me."

I replied and Subaru has nothing to say about that, but I can tell that he's in pain. Does his mom do something to him or is she fucked up like Cordelia? I gotta go deep here.

"Subaru, tell me what happened."

I gently assured him to tell me where Subaru finally spun around to face me.

"Do you think I'm a monster?"

He asked curiously with a stern gaze, but anxiously waiting for an answer. However I immediately knew what he meant by monster. It remind me when I was little when I was constantly beaten by my uncle and I was called a "behemoth" and a "filthy brat". It was a horrible childhood for me, my aunt never protected me. All she cares about is screwing with men for her selfish reasons which drives my uncle crazy....