2- I Whip Out My Dangerous Ribbon

********

********

"So which God's cabin is that one?" I pointed towards one that looked like a fishing hut.

"That would be Poseidon's." Annabeth said with a small smile.

"He has a kid right?" I asked.

She nodded, "Percy Jackson."

"The Prophecy kid?" I raised an eyebrow.

"How do you know about that?" Annabeth stopped in her tracks.

"Apollo told me." I told her.

"Oh," Annabeth frowned, "how do you know Apollo?"

I panicked for a moment; I had no idea what to say. I could tell her the truth, and she was too smart to believe just any old lie.

"I was getting chased by this hydra," I started, but Annabeth quickly stopped me.

"Okay, you don't want to tell me, that's fine." Annabeth grinned, "Anyway, this is Athena's cabin, number six!"

Annabeth led me inside the cabin. Which was completely deserted.

"Oh I almost forgot!" Annabeth hit her forehead with her palm, "you need to choose a weapon."

"No I don't," I tapped the purple ribbon that was tied in a bow around my wrist.

"What's that?" Annabeth raised an eyebrow.

I grabbed one of the loose ends of the bow and pulled it. As it came away from my wrist the material morphed into drakon bone. It was the only gift that my mother had ever given me and no matter how much I hated her I was attached to the weapon. It was mine.

Annabeth stared at the short sword, "What's it made of?"

"Drakon bone," I said proudly.

"Where on Olympus did you get that?"

I bit my lip and lied again, "My father gave it to me."

I bent the sword until it turned back into a ribbon and I retied it to my wrist.

********

I stayed at camp until Christmas. I met Percy Jackson briefly during a game of capture the flag. Our conversation consisted entirely of;

"Hi, you're Ri right?"

"And you're Percy. Well see you!" Then I slashed his ankles.

At Christmas I decided to go back to Olympus for a few months.

I called a taxi and rode it from the road near Camp to the Empire State Building.

I walked in past a group of Chinese tourist and towards the bored looking man sitting at the desk.

"Hi I need to go to Olympus please." I asked him.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He flipped through his copy of the New York Times.

I pulled out a golden drachma and slammed it down on his desk, "can I go to Olympus please?"

"Sure," He passed me a key card and directed me to the elevator.

I got in on my own and swiped the card. The elevator sped up towards the 600th floor. I exited the lift as soon as the doors opened. It reminded me of the Doors of Death that I rode in away from Tartarus.

I made my way through the cobbled streets of Olympus, heading towards my house.

It didn't take me long to get back to the house. I figured Apollo would be riding the sun chariot and wouldn't be back until the sun set, which was still a few hours away.

The winter solstice was the next day, so he would have to return to Olympus before then.

I sat down on the sofa and picked up Apollo's guitar. I began strumming it with no rhyme or reason. I was on edge, but I wasn't sure why...

I couldn't wait to see Apollo again; I hadn't seen him since he dropped me off at camp.

Finally the door opened and Apollo walked in.

He looked surprised to see me sitting there, "Ri? What're you doing here?"

"I wanted to surprise you," I grinned, setting down the guitar.

"Well you certainly did that!" He grinned, "I think I should write a haiku about this." He sat down next to me and opened his mouth to speak, before I put a finger over his lips, stopping him.

"If you spout a haiku I swear to all the gods that I will go straight back to camp."

Apollo gasped in mock horror, "I didn't know you felt that way about haiku! I might have to divorce you!"

I put my head on to his chest and he slid his arm around me. "I didn't think that you gods believed in divvorce."

"Oh we don't." Apollo replied, "Hera was very adamant about that, but hey it's the 21st century! Let's be innovative!"

I laughed.

There was a comfortable silence.

"You know what's weird." I mused, "At camp you have quite a few kids, and there are like three of them who are older than me."

Apollo laughed, "Let me remind you that I am several thousand years older than you."

"True." I said.

"I missed you," He said, through another chuckle.

I looked up at him, "I missed you too."

Hey guys! Here's chapter two for you! I hope you enjoyed it! The next chapter will be up soon! And to those of you who read Innocent I swear I will update it before December at least once, maybe twice if I get around to it! Aren't you lucky!
Remember to vote, comment and go and vote for my books in the PJ/HOO Wattys (info on my page)!
~Em xx