48- For Once I Am The Most Invincible In A Fight

********

********

I hadn't shadow travelled so I was completely mystified by how I ended up looking at the Prius smoking in a ice ridden ditch.

But the nearest I could work out was that as much as baby didn't like the speeding that Percy had been doing, baby didn't like the crash more.

I ran towards the car, just in time for them all to climb out of the car and for three smoky figures to grow arms, legs and very hungry looking mouths.

"STOP!" Apollo yelled, "I am the god Apollo! Leave us or be detroyed! BLOFIS!"

Surprisingly the three spirits stopped and trembled.

"Oh dear." Apollo said, "I remember now."

"Remember what?" I drew my sword.

"How to kill these things?" Percy asked hopefully as his pen grew into a sword.

"No," he shook his head, "I remember that these are nosoi, plague spirits. Also I remember that they can't be killed."

"You know I keep thinking I've killed ever single thing in Greek mythology. But the list never seems to end." Percy planted his feet in a fighting stance.

"I keep thinking the same," I nodded

"You haven't killed me yet," Apollo noted.

"Don't tempt me." I glared at him.

"I can see that you guys have some issues," Percy raised his sword, "but now is not the time to talk about that."

"Apolloooooooooo..." The middle spirit gurgled, "we have come to..."

"Let me stop you right there." Apollo told the spirits, "you've come to take your revenge on me eh?" He looked towards me Percy and Meg, "you see the nosoi are spirits of disease. Once I was born, spreading illnesses became my job. I used plague arrows to smite down naughty populations."

"We're trying to have a moment here!" The spirits complained, "stoooop interrupting! We wish to be free, uncontrooooooooolled..."

"Yes, I know. You'll destroy me. Then you'll spread every known malady across the world. But you can't. I will strike you down!"

"So what happens if I just slice these guys I'm half?" I asked.

"A sword is such a small weapon." The spirits gurgled, "it does not have the poetry of a good epidemic."

"Stop right there." Apollo said, "you cannot claim both my plagues and my poetry."

"You are right." Said the spirit, "enough wooooooords."

The three spirits advanced.

"Do not let the nosoi touch you!" Apollo warned as we were drawn into battle.

Thankfully we outnumbered them. Unfortunately I was the only one who didn't have to worry about them killing me. Meg attacked one with a stick. Percy charged. But both Percy and I's sword were useless against the spirits.

"We gotta run!" Meg declared after throwing a peach that lodged in the spirit's forehead.

"I like that idea" Percy agreed and the four of us took off. Running pregnant was not easy, but I kept pace with the others best I could, and Apollo's mortal form seemed to be the one slowing us down mostly.

"That's the western border of camp!" Percy pointed to a line of hills ahead, "if we can just get there!"

Percy made an irrigation tank that we passed explode and a wall of water hit the spirits.

"We're gonna make it!" Meg yelled. Just then three spirits appeared in front of us. Meg and Apollo skidded to a halt, I managed to miss both of the spirits and land flat on my face, Percy however ran straight through the spirit.

"Don't breathe," Apollo warned Percy.

My breath was knocked out of me and I rolled onto my back. My stomach aches from landing so hard on it. But the baby seemed to be fine and I could still sense it's auror. I sighed in relief.

"Which fatal illness shall I use to kill the great Apollooooo?" I heard a spirit gurgle, "Anthrax? Perhaps Eboooola..."

I struggled to my feet just in time to see Percy blast Apollo in the face with a jet of water.

"GET DOWN!" Meg yelled.

I landed back on the floor flat on my back painfully. And peaches shot around everywhere. When the peaches dropped to the ground I sat up.

"What the hell just happened?" Percy asked, he sniffed as if he had a cold.

"How did you do that?" I asked her as I scrambled to my feet.

"I didn't!" Meg insisted, "I just knew it would happen."

I gasped as I felt pain in my stomach.

"I have to..." The words were taken out of my mouth as I landed butt first on some very different grass.

"Ri?" I heard Nico DiAngelo's voice.

"Hi," I waved, then my face scrunched up in pain again.

"Will!" Nico yelled, I felt myself begin to fall unconscious.

The gender shall be revealed next chapter! With the name soon to follow.
I enjoyed your guesses last chapter, but none of you got the name right ;) (I didn't think anyone would)
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx