38- I Cause A Family Dispute

********

********

Shadow travelling in Tartarus is not fun. More than ever I could feel the icy grip of the darkness all around me trying to pull me apart.

And to make things worse I hit the force field again and landed on my butt.

I let out a string of curses that I will not repeat. I scrambled back to my feet feeling utterly useless.

I felt something touch my shoulder, but before I could whirl around to look at what was, I was sucked into darkness.

Once again I stumbled away from my mother when we land.

I regained my balance and glared at her.

"What are you doing here?" I demand in a tone I used to never dare use with my mother.

"We have a deal." She said, "You stay with me."

"Yes once I get my friends out!" I stomped my foot in annoyance.

"Your friends are as good as dead!" she met my glare with an even more intense one of her own.

I let out a frustrated growl. And threw my hands in the air. I realised where my mother had taken me. I was in my old bedroom in her mansion. The only part of the entire mansion that was safe.

"Why do you want me here so much?" I was almost hysterical, "Why am I so important to you?"

"Because you are my daughter," She replied calmly.

"That's compete bull!" I yelled back, "You have hundreds of daughters, what's so important to me?"

A dark shadow crossed my mother's face, "I am your mother and you will not talk to me this way." She clenched her fist as if stopping herself from hitting me. She never used to stop herself.

She turned on her heel and walked towards the door.

"You can't keep me in the dark forever!" I yelled at her retreating figure.

"On the contrary!" She laughed as she pulled the door open, "I am the goddess of darkness." Slam. She was gone.

I sat down on my bed letting out a cry of frustration. I knew better than to try and get out of the room. If my mother didn't want me to get out, there was no way I would manage it.

I lay back staring at the ceiling. Percy and Annabeth would escape the Arai. They had too, and then they would get the death mist and come here.

I wasn't sure how, but I planned to keep my promise, to get them to the doors of death.

********

What felt like days passed and I never left the room. I resulted to simply sitting on the bed with my back against the wall and my legs drawn to my chest.

Being back here made me feel sick. I hated it in this room, alone in the darkness.

Then I heard my mother's voice in my head come to me children.

I didn't know what she wanted, but I tried the door again. It opened easily.

I quickly closed my eyes and recited in my head the route to the exit of the mansion.

20 steps, then left, 10 steps, then right.

In no time I was at the door. I made a running jump and made it onto the cliff where my mother stood in her forty foot tall form.

"I am the mother of all terrors!" My mother cried, it was then that I spotted Percy and Annabeth. They were deeply shrouded in death mist, which was a good sign, and they looked dead. Also a good sign. "The Fates themselves! Hecate! Old Age! Pain! Sleep! Death! And all of the curses! Behold how newsworthy I am!"

Typical. My mother had let her pride get the better of her and was showing off. I was sure Annabeth had tricked her into this and it had worked like a charm.

All around me my mother's children appeared until I was lost in the crowd.

I pushed my way to the front.

Percy spotted me first. He nudged Annabeth, who glanced at me. They both seemed relieved to see me.

"Yeah, not bad," Annabeth turned her attention back on Nyx, "I guess we could get one photo for our scrapbook, but you guys are so dark. Even if I used a flash I don't think it would come out."

"Yeah you guys aren't photogenic!" Percy added.

"You miserable tourists!" Nyx hissed, "How dare you not tremble before me! How dare you not beg for a photo and an autograph! Even Zeus trembled before me..."

"Bla, bla!" I cut her off, she turned my way, but couldn't see who was speaking in the crowd, "no one cares."

"It's getting late. We should get lunch at one of those restaurants that the tour guide recommended, and then we can go find the doors of death!" Annabeth told Percy.

"Ah ha!" Nyx cried, "Mortals such as you could never reach the doors unless you travel through my palace! The mansion of Night!"

Annabeth gave a bored sigh, but I could see a plan forming in her head, "I suppose we can manage one picture, but a group shot won't work. How about one with your favourite child Nyx. Which one is that?"

"My favourite?" Nyx frowned, "All of my children are terrifying!"

"The most like you," Annabeth prompted, "The darkest!"

I caught on to what she was doing and turned to run through the crowd.

"I am the darkest!" I yelled.

This set my godly sisters off.

"I am the darkest!" Eris insisted, "war and strife! I have caused all manner of death!"

"I am darker still!" Geras snarled, "all mortals fear old age!"

"I'm not seeing enough dark!" Annabeth crossed her arms, "I mean you are the children of night! Show me dark!"

"I am the darkest of us all!" I yelled again still running. I began to subtly weave my way towards Percy and Annabeth.

The rest of my siblings broke into yelling and everything turned to chaos.

I made it to Percy and Annabeth.

"When you jump aim above the door, and don't you dare open your eyes once you're inside," I said hurriedly, "Run towards the sound of the river!"

"Behold my darkness!" One of my siblings yelled.

"Go now!" I told them.

Darkness consumed everything. All I could hear was my mother complaining and her children yelling.

Then I found myself back in my bedroom.

I punched the door with all of my might, cursing loudly.

But no one could hear me. Percy and Annabeth were long gone.

Here's a chapter!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx