26- I Attack The Ship (Leo Gets Annoyed)

********

********

"Eidolons are stubborn," I said, "They'll hang around until someone makes them leave, They're possessing spirits so the person wouldn't even notice them."

"How do we get rid of them?" Frank was eyeing everyone with suspicion.

"I think I can do this," Piper took a deep breath, and spoke more calmly, "Everybody listen." She looked around, "Eidolons, raise your hands." She laced charmspeak into her words.

There was a silence, as everyone shifted uncomfortably in their seats.

Leo broke the silence "Pipes I don't think that it..." His voice trailed off and his face went slack. Leo, Jason and Percy raised their hands.

"Oh Gods," Frank scrambled away from Leo.

"What now?" Annabeth looked imploringly at Piper and when she provided no answer, looked at me.

"Piper," I eyed Eidolon Percy as if he were a bomb, "you're the only one who can get rid of them."

A brief look of doubt crossed Piper's face, quickly replaced by determination.

"How many of you are on the ship?" She said in a slightly wavering yet strong voice.

"Gaia sent only three," Eidolon Jason spoke, "The strongest, the best."

"We will live again." Eidolon Leo added. Both of their voices were theirs, yet there was something off about them that sent shivers down my spine.

Piper took a steadying breath, "You will leave those bodies."

"No!" Eidolon Percy growled in an unPercyish way. Annabeth reached for him but quickly stopped herself.

"You will leave those bodies." Piper said in a more forceful voice.

"We will leave these bodies." Eidolon Percy repeated, stumbling on words.

"You will swear on the River Styx never to return to this ship, or possess any member of this crew." Piper turned her attention to Eidolon Jason.

The boys hissed in protest, "We promise on the Styx." They seemed to be fighting every word.

"Now leave." Piper told them.

The three boys all slumped in their chairs.

Jason and Percy were caught by the girls but Leo fell onto the floor.

"Did it work?" Leo scrambled to his feet, rubbing his nose.

"Oh it worked." I verified, grinning at Piper.

The crew dispersed shortly after.

Piper and Jason headed onto deck. Leo drifted towards the engine room. Frank drifted off towards his bunk, Hazel went to bed shortly after him.

I stayed in the dining room, sipping my milk long after everyone else was asleep.

I longed to speak to Apollo. The whole premise of this quest was making me feel uneasy. He was the only person who could set my mind at rest.

Not as my husband. But as the God of prophecy. He must've had a vague idea of what the prophecy meant. Of course he had confessed to me before that he hated prophecies just as much as demigods, and that he often knew very little about how they would pan out.

In no time the sun was rising and I knew it was time to start waking people up (if I didn't do it they would be subjected to Coach's yelling.)

I worked my way down the hall, coming to Percy and Annabeth's rooms last.

I knocked on Annabeth's door and opened it to find the cabin empty. I shrugged and assumed she must've been in Percy's room. She was not. And coincidently neither was Percy.

The others had begun to emerge from their cabins.

"Guys can everyone look around for Percy and Annabeth, they seem to be missing." I told them.

"Missing?" Coach Hedge demanded, whacking his baseball bat into his other hand, "If they've gotten themselves kidnapped they're grounded!"

Everyone began to look around for them. Frank eventually located them in the stabled, where they had apparently 'fallen asleep'.

Coach Hedge yelled at them for a while, which was punctuated by me laughing at them. Everyone else just felt relieved that the two hadn't been kidnapped. Although Hazel seemed slightly scandalised and kept fanning her face.

Percy took Frank with him into Atlanta, he wanted to take Annabeth with him as well, but Hedge declared that she was grounded and insisted that he be the one to go with the other two.

They left us to our own devices on the ship. I was getting pretty bored of sitting around and doing nothing. So I decided to train, using the mast as a sword fighting dummy. Which really annoyed Leo and led to me being chased away with a mallet.

I tried to take Hazel's mind off of her brother by suggesting she train with me, but it didn't last long and she quickly returned below deck.

I finished training and went down to my cabin. My peaceful time was interrupted by someone yelling.

"TAKE OFF! TAKE OFF!"

Woo! Chapter!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx