5- I Play Ultimate Frisbee With A Sword

Kronos regarded me for a long time

Kronos regarded me for a long time. Before cocking him head, "you're the girl who married Apollo."

"Not by choice," I crossed my arms and shifted my weight to my left leg.

Kronos nodded, "I think I can use you."

I grinned, "What do you want me to do?"

"Help me plan." Kronos smiled, his smile was slightly unsettling and terrifying at the same time, "I think I can really use your skills daughter of Nyx."

********

I didn't get a chance to check in that day, or the day after. By the third day I was pretty sure Annabeth thought I was dead.

I already hated the boat. I felt sick most of the time. I had quickly decided that I wasn't a boat type of girl.

I finally managed to get a moment alone. I snuck onto the port walk of the boat, which was devout of monsters and demigods. I pulled the chain that held my ring and the star charm. I tapped the charm three times like Annabeth had shown me and spoke.

"Annabeth?" I said, "Annabeth are you there?"

"Ri?" I heard Annabeth's voice as if through a wall, "Ri is that you?"

I laughed, "Yes it's me, sorry I didn't check in earlier, but I couldn't risk it."

"That's okay," Annabeth spoke again, "did it work?"

"Better than expected," I replied, "He's asked me to help him plan strategies."

"What strategies does he have so far?" Annabeth asked.

"He's planning to bring the Princess Andromeda to Manhattan in the week before he attacks in August." I told her, "He's planning to bring in loads of monsters in on the boat. So we definitely need to take the boat out, but probably just before it comes into Manhattan."

"Okay," Annabeth sounded as if she was scribbling notes.

I heard a noise behind me and snapped to attention, "I have to go." I told Annabeth and then I tapped it three times again to deactivate it. I tucked it back into my top just in time to see the eyepatch guy (who I had learned was called Ethan Nakamara) walk outside.

"You alright there eyepatch?" I asked as I breezed past him.

He didn't reply.

********

The next four months passed pretty quickly. They were much the same as the first three days.

Every three days I was able to find time to communicate with Annabeth. And the rest of the time I was 'helping' Kronos with strategies.

When July came Annabeth started talking to me about the plan to blow the Andromeda up. We wanted to destroy as much of it as we could.

I spoke to the head of the Hephaestus cabin Beckendorf who asked me to stake out the best routes to the engine room. Which I did, and then fed back to him.

The day that Percy and Beckendorf landed on the boat on Percy's black Pegasus I was ready to see the back of the boat.

I met them on deck and we hurried down to the engine room. As soon as I had got them there I hurried off to mount the Pegasus (who's name was apparently Blackjack). My job was to keep the horse hidden and to get Percy and Beckendorf off of the boat.

As I circled I was praying to all of the gods that nothing went wrong. My prayers were not answered. I watched as Percy sprinted onto deck, followed by a massive group of Telkines. I couldn't do anything, there were just too many of them.

Quickler than I could do anything, the deck was full I spotted Beckendorf being brought out and then I saw Kronos. I nudged Blackjack and the horse came to land on the roof of the boat, about one hundred meters away from the scene. I dismounted as quickly as I could and sprinted across the roof.

Percy was cornered and the monsters had all formed a semi-circle around him. I knew that there was only one way for me to get down there quick enough.

I ran into the nearest shadow I could find and through the pure darkness. I felt icy hands pulling at my arms, and I felt the darkness weighing on my chest.

I emerged next to Percy, who let out a yelp of surprise. Beckendorf looked at me right in the eyes and then his eyes flicked towards his wrist where the detonator wrested.

I drew my sword and threw it like a Frisbee at one of the giants holding him, it hit the giant square in the forehead and it dissolved into dust.

Before the monsters could react Beckendorf slammed his other hand into the watch and I felt myself being flung backwards.

Hey guys! How do you like the chapter?
Remember to vote, comment and vote for my books in the PJ/HOO Wattys!
~Em x