40- I Rugby Tackle A God

********

********

As soon as the doors opened, I shadow travelled. I knew my friends would worry and ask questions, but I had to go.

I reappeared in blinding sunlight. It dazzled me for a second, before I shook myself to my senses.

I hadn't been here before, but it wasn't a big place, I figured that I'd find them right in the middle.

I was right.

Artemis sat on the front row of the raised seats, restringing her bow. Apollo sat cross legged in the centre stringing a mournful tune on a guitar.

I sprinted down the steps and tackled him.

Apollo seemed surprised for a moment and them realised who I was and hugged me back.

We were both on the floor, lying in the sand, but I didn't care. It felt so good to be near Apollo again.

I broke down. I cried, I sobbed into Apollo's chest. Letting out everything that I had bottled up since the beginning of the quest.

"Ri," Apollo held me tight, "It's fine, you're fine, I'm here, I'm not going anywhere."

I didn't reply, I just held him tightly, breathing in his scent and hiding from the world. I didn't want to let go, but eventually we broke apart. I refused to let go of Apollo's hand. We stared at each other. Drinking in each other's appearances.

"Gods Ri," Apollo took in my ripped clothes and dirty face, "What the hell happened to you?"

"Hell would be a pretty good description." I said in a humourless tone.

Apollo seemed to realise what I was talking about and his face spread into a mixture of sorrow and pity.

"You went back?" He asked.

I nodded. He pulled me back into his arms, holding me tightly.

"I love you," I murmured into his chest, I wasn't sure if he heard, but it felt good to say it.

We pulled apart again and Apollo inhaled sharply when he looked at me.

"You're pregnant!" he exclaimed.

I raised my eyebrows in surprise, "How..."

"I'm the god of healing," he grinned at me, "I know. But how did it happen?"

"You know how it happened," I punched his arm lightly, "and judging by how many kids you have I'd say you're pretty fertile so..."

"Okay, okay," He put his hands in the air. His face turned serious, "but are you okay, I mean with the idea of having a kid?"

"I don't know," I confessed, "It wasn't long ago that I found out and my mother thinks that the kid will be super powerful, and I'm not mother material, I've never seen an example of a functional family..."

"You think I have?" Apollo laughed, "Ri I'm a terrible father, but we'll work it out together, we can screw up together."

I smiled and looked into his eyes, "That's exactly what I needed to hear."

I looked around, "so this is Delos, it's nice."

"It's too hot."

"You're the sun god."

"That doesn't mean it's not too hot." Apollo pouted.

"Oh you might know something about this," I remembered, "Three times now when I've been fighting a monster a burst of light has vaporized them before they can hurt me."

Apollo's grin widened, "That would be the baby protecting their mother." He patted my stomach, "It seemed that he or she takes after me."

That made sense. Every time a monster had come close to killing me the light had protected me.

I looked around to see that Artemis was gone, "Where's Artemis go?"

"How should I know." He rolled his eyes, "I'm not her keeper."

"You should pay more attention." I scolded him.

I put my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around me.

"You're safe now Ri," He told me again, "I promise you."

And I believed him.

********

When the Argo II eventually made it to Delos I was all ready to go. Apollo however was not so willing to let me go.

"I'm your doctor and I say you should stay here!" He protested.

"And I'm your wife and I say I'm going, you can't keep me cooped up like a pet." I said stubbornly, "You're going to help the demigods and then you're going to let me go with them."

Apollo didn't seem happy about it, but he agreed.

The Argo docked in the bay across from Delos.

I kissed Apollo goodbye and told him to be nice to whichever of my friends showed up.

I shadow travelled to the deck of the Argo and totally freaked out Piper who was stood on deck.

"Ri?" she laughed and hugged me.

"Hi Piper," I laughed as well.

"Guys!" she yelled, "Get up here!"

There were sounds of footsteps from below and Jason, Percy and Annabeth thundered onto deck.

They all seemed relieved to see me and in no time I was being hugged by them all.

I was being slightly squished, but I didn't care, "It's good to see you guys."

A little bit of Apri for y'all!
Updating during and Ethics lesson bc I'm a rebel!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx