46- Apollo Is Self-Centered

********

********

Meg seemed to disapprove of all of my clothes.

"They're all too black!" She complained.

"Well I'm sorry for being so stereotypical," I laughed at her, I routed through my clothes and found an orange CHB t-shirt and some leggings. "Try these." I told her.

She began getting changed, I sat down and rested my hands on my stomach.

"So who are you?" She sat down next to me. Sitting on her hands and swinging her legs.

"I'm Ariadne." I told her.

"No like who are you?" she emphasised the who.

"Um," I regarded her, "My mum is Nyx, the primordial being, I'm married to Apollo, and..."

"Wait you're married to him?" Meg burst out laughing.

"He looks ridiculous doesn't he?" I stifled a laugh.

"He looks like a street rat." Meg declared.

"My thoughts exactly." I agreed.

"Nobody has seen or heard from you in months," Percy was saying as he and Apollo walked back into the room.

"I have some memory gaps." Apollo confessed.

"I hate memory gaps." Percy sat down on the sofa as he spoke. Apollo sat next to me.

Apollo tried to put his arm around me, but I shrunk away.

"What is it?" He frowned.

"I don't want to remind you or anything but you look like you're about 15," I told him.

"When we met you were like 15." He pouted.

"Well it's weirding me out." I told him. He looked slightly offended; I rolled my eyes and pecked him on the cheek, which seemed to tide him over.

"Look man," Percy started, "I'm fine with driving you and Meg to camp if that's what you want, but I can't get involved in another big prophecy or whatever. I've made promises."

"Promises." Apollo frowned.

Percy laced his fingers, "I lost most of my junior year because I the war with Gaia. I've spent the entire autumn playing catch up with my classes. If I want to go to college next year with Annabeth, I have to stay out of trouble and get my diploma."

"Annabeth is the scary blonde one," I prompted a confused Apollo.

Percy nodded, "I promised her specifically that I wouldn't get myself killed whilst she's gone."

"You're saying you cannot offer me your undivided service to restore me to my throne." Apollo asked incredulously.

"Um yeah," Percy rubbed the back of his neck, "Besides, my mum is pregnant; I want to be around to get to know my baby sister."

"Well I understand that," Apollo glanced at me, "I want to be around to get to know my kid too. Besides, I remember when Artemis was born..."

"You guys are twins." I reminded him.

"Yeah, so my mum's got that going on," Percy continued, "I can't go off on another world-stomping quest. My mum would never forgive me."

I could tell Apollo was getting impatient with all of this talk about people that were not himself. He got like that sometimes. Even with me, and I was just about the only person who he could stand to listen to for long period of time.

"You do understand that my return to Olympus will require many harrowing trials," Apollo reminded Percy, "with a high chance of death. Can you turn down such glory?"

"Um, yeah I can." Percy fiddled with his ballpoint pen, "but I will take you to camp."

"I'm coming too." I told them.

"No." Percy frowned at me.

"No you're not." Apollo told me.

I crossed my arms, "why the Hades not."

"Because, in case you haven't noticed, you're pregnant Ri." Apollo scolded me.

"And incase you haven't noticed, you're mortal." I glared at him. "I can take care of myself more than you can right now, and let's not forget the fact that baby doesn't seem to want me getting hurt. So who do you think you are to tell me what to do?"

"I'm the father of that child and I'm your husband." Apollo stood his ground, "that means what I think matters."

"Yeah, you're my husband who hasn't been here for most of this bloody pregnancy."

Two updates!
I'm spoiling you!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx