53- We Have A Heart To Heart

********

********

I sat down on a bunk on the other side of the cabin and looked at my hands.

There was a moment when none of us spoke.

"What's wrong?" Apollo asked, "What problem do you have with me? You think I didn't notice the snide comments?"

I didn't look up from my hands, "I'm sorry, it's just..." I trailed off, I didn't have an answer.

"I know it must've been hard for you the past six months, but I'm here now, what do you want me to do?"

"I just feel so guilty, and I think I took it out on you..." I looked at him.

He stood up and walked over, sitting next to me.

"Guilty about what?" He frowned.

"I broke a vow on the Styx." I said, "I swore to my mother that I'd stay with her, but then I left so... what I'm trying to say is that you becoming mortal... all of it, it's my fault, it's Nemesis weighing it all out."

Apollo gawked at me, "Oh gods."

"Yeah."

"Ri, you've been blaming yourself for all of this?" he asked, "None of it is your fault, if anything it's mine. I let Octavian flatter me, I was vain and..."

"That's true." I laughed.

"And I didn't think about the consequences until it was too late." Apollo ploughed on, "But why were you so pissed at me? That was more than just guilt and you know it."

"I... I just," I stuttered and looked back at my hands, "I thought you'd gotten bored of me, you hardly seemed to notice me at Percy's, but that was just me being an idiot, you have other things going on and I totally get it."

"And you're pregnant," Apollo replied.

"Thankyou captain obvious," I rolled my eyes, "your point?"

"I mean that, you're going to give birth to my child, you're more important than anything." Apollo told me. He put his arms around me.

"How come even though you're like a fifteen year old, you're still taller than me!" I complained.

"Because you're short." Apollo laughed. He glanced at my stomach, "can I?" I nodded and he put his hands on my bump. He smiled as he felt the baby move around. "It's quite the little squirmier isn't it."

"Tell me about it." I laughed, "he keeps me up all night."

"He?" Apollo grinned.

"Yes, it's a boy." I laughed again.

"Have you thought about names at all?" he asked.

I nodded, "I want to call him Caius."

"Caius," Apollo repeated, "Latin for happy?"

"Is it?" I asked, "It was my father's name."

Apollo smiled, "I like it. But I'm going to call him Cai."

"Fine by me," I laughed, Apollo put his arms around me.

"Who are you with in the three-legged death race?" He asked me, "Because I'm looking for any reason not to be with Meg."

"You're son in his infinite wisdom has forbidden me from takin part."

"Too right." Apollo agreed, "no death racing for you. In fact, no shadow travelling, no stunts like the ones you pulled earlier. No shadow travelling out of cars or to camp or..."

"Hey," I punched his arm, "that wasn't me, Cai doesn't seem to like it when I'm in danger."

"Good," Apollo said, "that's good." He yawned.

"Okay, I may not need sleep, but you clearly do." I told him, "Get some sleep."

I got to my feet, "What about you?"

"Well seen as I have been disallowed from shadow travelling I am stuck here until your kids let us out." I said, making my way towards another bunk.

"They are totally grounded." Apollo laughed, "Come back! I don't want to sleep without you."

"Oh no way," I said, "I am not sleeping in a single bed with three people in it."

"Three?" he frowned. I gestured at my stomach.

"Okay, okay I get it," Apollo laughed, "But I'm not going to sleep without a kiss then."

I kissed him. For a moment everything was fine.

Two updates because I just posted my newest book Venus. Go and check it out!
Remember to vote, comment and check out Venus!
~Em xx