15- I Crash A Land

********

********

Like I said becoming immortal did nothing to improve my aim. I had meant to land the chariot safely next to the lake.

Instead we appeared in mid-air hundreds of meters above the lake. And we dropped. I wondered vaguely if falling hundreds of meters in a burning chariot would class as death in battle. But I figured that given my luck, the fall would probably kill me.

Leo was screaming and Annabeth was cursing me as she tried to maintain control of the Pegasi. It didn't work. We crashed into the lake at top speed.

My leg got in the reins of the horses. And I was pulled down with the chariot. I wasn't sure if drowning could kill me, I was pretty sure that it couldn't, but I wasn't willing to test the theory. I scrambled to untie myself and free the pegasi, who were panicking. As soon as they were free they zoomed off towards the surface.

I on the other hand stayed entangled in the reigns. I decided just to breath. And surprisingly I didn't die. I took my time untangling myself and then swam to the surface. I walked out onto the beach dripping wet, to see most of the campers gathered there.

Jason, Leo, Annabeth and Piper were all on shore wrapped in blankets.

"Any sign of Percy?" Will Solace was saying.

"No," Annabeth replied. Then she noticed me.

I wrung my hair out, I wasn't cold, temperature change didn't really bother me.

Travis and Connor Stoll ran up to me with the large leaf blower and blasted me. Instantly I was dry.

"Well I hope they're worth the trouble." Drew Tanka said.

"Gee thanks," Leo looked at the girl, "what are we? Your new pets?"

"No kidding," Jason said, "how about some answers before you start judging us- like, what is this place, why are we here, and how long do we have to say?"

"Well I'd love to hang around, but I've got to get to Olympus." I grinned at the group, "I'll see you around."

I shadow travelled and appeared on Olympus. Apollo wasn't home yet, and I wasn't sure how long it would before he got home. I sat down on the sofa and grabbed a book. I flipped through the pages, not really reading them.

Eventually Apollo walked in.

He threw himself onto the sofa next to me. I put the book down.

"Good day?" Apollo asked.

"Weird day," I told him, "We bought in some new demigods, one of them seemed to have amnesia, and anyway it was weird."

"Huh," Apollo mused, "strange."

"Oh and also I crashed your cabin's chariot." I told him.

"Really," Apollo sighed, "was that necessary?"

"It was an accident I swear!" I defended myself, "it literally dragged me to the bottom of the lake!"

"Oh no what a shame." Apollo said sarcastically.

"I hate you."

"You love me."

"No I hate you." I got to my feet and walked away, "I'm filing for divorce!"

"Wait Ri! We can talk about this!"

I was in the mood for an update so here you go!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx