44- I Fall From The Sky

********

********

Leto's house wasn't so much a house as it was a palace, to be perfectly honest it was ordering on a small country.

The entire thing was white marble and completely beautiful.

We passed a window and my breath hitched.

"We're in New York?" I looked out across the New York skyline, towards the Empire State building.

"We're over New York actually." Leto corrected me.

"Over New..."

"Below Olympus though," Leto continued, "Apollo and Artemis helped me negotiate with Zeus so I could be near to my special snowflake."

It didn't take me being a genius (which I was far from) to see that she was talking about Apollo.

It also didn't take me long to figure out why Apollo was so egotistical. It was pretty simple. His mother had spoilt him.

After the lengthy tour of the 'house' Leto took me to the bedrooms.

"This is Apollo's bedroom," she told me, "but as you're married I am sure he won't mind." She opened the door.

It was white marble, just like the rest of the house. The bed was a four poster one with red curtains and a cream bed spread.

There was a desk crammed full of photos in frames.

"I had no idea he was so nostalgic." I muttered to myself as I made me way over to the desk.

There were several pictures of him and Artemis and lots of Leto with her children. But there were more of me.

I had no idea that most of these photos had been taken, or where he had gotten them from, and frankly I didn't want to know.

Leto was gone, leaving me alone in the room with my thoughts. I threw myself face first onto the bed and screamed into the covers.

Right now the entirety of the demigods could be dead, or dieing, or they could have defeated Gaia and be having a dance party.

But here I was, in a marble prison, unable to do anything to help my friends, or my husband.

********

I stayed a prisoner in Leto's 'house' for months, Artemis dropped by every once in a while, but other than that I was stuck with just Leto for company.

She irritated me to say the least, but obviously I couldn't tell her that, she was my mother in law and a powerful Titaness.

I had heard nothing about Apollo, or from any of my friends. So in late December I decided to bust out.

I had spent a while looking for a door, and eventually I realised there wasn't one, so instead I crashed through the window in my bedroom.

It wasn't my best plan and had some clear flaws. I felt weightless, which was a nice relief as I had been lugging around a seven month pregnant belly.

But then I remembered that I was not completely immortal, and I wasn't in the mood to die. I shadow travelled and landed neatly on a busy street. It was strewn with shoppers laden with bags, and I saw a decorated tree. I remembered that it was Christmas. I personally wasn't feeling in the Christmas spirit.

I wracked my brains for where I was supposed to go now. Shadow travelling was very hard whilst pregnant and I didn't think I could manage it again.

The only person I knew who lived anywhere near here was Percy. But I didn't know exactly where he lived, but I knew it was on the Upper East Side, and I also knew that Percy's step father owned a Prius with horse hoof prints on the roof.

I took a surprisingly long time to find the car. But when I did I was tired and grouchy.

I rang the buzzer and a few seconds later a woman's voice answered, "hello."

"Hi," I replied, "is Percy home?"

There was a moment of silence before Percy's voice answered, "who is it?"

"Ri," I said quickly. The door buzzed and I began to make my way up the stairs. It took me longer than I was used to, which frustrated me. But I got to the door and knocked. It was pulled open and I saw Percy stood there, grinning.

"What the hell happened to you?" He asked with a laugh, then he noticed my belly, "clearly it's a long story."

"You have no idea," I laughed.

"Seaweed Brain, don't just stand there," I heard Annabeth scold him, "Let her in."

"Yeah Percy, be a gentleman!" I whacked him around the head as I walked into the apartment.

"So are you gonna explain this?" Percy shut the door behind me.

"Basically I got pregnant, then Zeus got mad, then I spent four months living with my mother in law." I explained. It didn't seem to clear up their confusion, but it was enough to get them to stop asking questions, "So how have you guys been? How's everyone? I'm assuming you defeated Gaia."

They exchanged a look, "yeah we did," Annabeth shrugged, "But it cost quite a lot."

"What?" I frowned.

"Leo was dead." Percy explained.

"He's was dead? What do you mean was dead?" I gawped at Percy.

"He's missing now, we all thought he was dead, but then he sent one if his magic scroll things to camp telling us that he isn't dead, but we haven't heard from him in months." Annabeth added.

"Oh."

"Cookies are done." I heard another woman's voice as she walked in from the kitchen.

"Brilliant, I'm starving!" Percy leapt on the plate of cookies that the woman who must've been his mother was holding.

"Thanks Sally!" Annabeth grabbed a cookie.

"No problem," Sally winked at her, she turned to Percy, who's mouth was full of cookie, "aren't you going to introduce me to your friend."

Percy struggled to swallow his food.

"I'm Ariadne," I stretched out my hand to her. I then noticed that she was also pregnant.

"I'm Sally," she smiled at me, "are you the one who's been missing for a while?"

"That'd be me," I grinned.

"Percy is still grounded," Sally looked at her son, "I'm not letting him out of my sight again." She crossed her arms. Annabeth stifled a laugh.

"She's letting me out after Christmas," Percy looked from his mother to Annabeth, "right?"

"Maybe." Annabeth nodded.

"You guys haven't heard anything from Apollo have you?" I asked hopefully.

Annabeth shook her head, "I was actually going to ask you that question, I spoke to Thalia who said that Artemis hasn't been away from Olympus in months because she's trying to smooth things over with Zeus."

"Zeus must be really mad at him," I murmured under my breath.

This is the last chapter of Part 2, the next part will focus on the events of the Hidden Oracle.
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx