10- Bang, Slash, You're Dead

********

********

When I woke up it was dark, real dark. Night time, the army would be back. I looked over to see that Annabeth was gone.

I jumped up, ignoring the pang in my head and immediately pulled my ribbon into sword form. I didn't have time to put on armour; I could already hear distant sounds of fighting.

My limited knowledge of Manhattan hindered my progress, but eventually I made it, just in time to see Percy locking swords with a Titan that I recognised as Hyperion. The Titan was literally glowing.

Which freaked me out a bit, glowing was not my thing, which is weird since I'm married to the sun God. I figured that Percy had that coved and I charged into a crowd of monsters.

The next few hours were a blur. I remembered having a yelled conversation with Annabeth as we fought some hell hounds, I remember fighting next to what seemed to be a statue, and I distinctly remember seeing a pig ridden by a massive statute. But I might have imagined that last one.

The first thing I fully remember is Annabeth appearing behind me and grabbing my arm.

"They're too close to the Empire State Building," she looked tired, but her eyes were full of fire, "can you do that thing again."

I could try, that was the least I could do, I locked eyes with her and nodded.

I ran to stand next to the Empire State Building, I figured that there would be teeming with godly power I could leech, and I repeated my actions from the night before. I sent out a dome of shadows to slow down the enemy.

It was hard going, it had barley been five minuets and I was already having difficulty keeping the dome up.

I was proud when I realised had had kept the barrier going for a full hour.
That was when I heard, "PARTY PONIES, SOUTH FLORIDA CHAPTER!"

"HEART OF TEXAS CHAPTER!"

"HAWAII OWNS YOUR FACES!"

Then I was hit in the face by a nerf bullet and my concerntation was gone, the shadows rushed back towards me and hit me with full force, I was thrown backwards against the Empire State Building, cracking my head against the concrete.

I scrambled back to my feet, ignoring the pain in my head. We were pushing the army back with the help of what must have been around a hundred centaurs. I had realised how close the army had gotten to the building, but if the centaurs hadn't arrive when they did we would've been toast.

A two block perimeter was set up, and I took some time to get my head checked out, I was told I have a concussion, but I shook off any offer to sit out of the battle. I had been through worse.

I walked over to Percy, Annabeth, Thalia and Chiron.

"The gods are tiring." Chiron was saying, "Dionysius is incapacitated, Hephaetus is too badly injured to help, the gods have slowed Typhon down, but he can't be stopped, he will be he this time tomorrow, once he and Kronos join forces..."

"Then what chance do we have? We can't hold out another day!" Percy said.

"We have to," Thalia set her jaw, "I'll sent more traps around the perimeter.

"Yes good idea," Chiron nodded, "meanwhile I would like to talk to Ariadne."

Me and Chiron walked off, leaving Percy and Annabeth alone.

"Well done." Chiron told me, "what you did was of great value, I think that if we had not had your barrier then the party ponies would have made it too late."

I grinned, "thanks."

"But Ariadne, you must remember that using those powers will only weaken your soul." He looked at me with a worried expression, "primordial power is not meant for a human soul, every time you use even a small bit of your power it will corrupt your soul further until it is beyond saving."

"I know." I smiled sadly, "but I knew I could help."

Chiron smiled, "and that is why we can't have you corrupted, you're only using those powers for good, but if you continue to do so, they will change you, they will demand that you change and no matter how hard you fight you will not be able to overcome them."

"I can try." I gave Chiron a determined look, "I'm going to fight until there's nothing left in me."

Here is a chapter before I sink into a bottomless pit of revision!

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!

~Em xx