61- I Say Goodbye

********

********

Nico commandeered a ticket dispenser and everyone had to take numbers.

"Is this really necessary?" Leo asked.

"Yes," Miranda punched Leo in the arm.

"Ow!" Leo complained.

"You're a jerk and we all hate you," said Miranda, then she hugged him, "if you ever disappear again, we'll line up to kill you."

"Okay, Okay!"

Miranda moved along, because the que was getting pretty long.

I sat next to Apollo at the picnic table with Leo, Calypso and Percy.

"If Festus hadn't picked up on that homing beacon yesterday, we'd still be flying around looking for a way out of the Sea of Monsters." Leo explained.

"Oh, I hate that place!" Percy complained, "There's this big Cyclops, Polyphemus..."

"I know right!" Leo agreed, "What is up with that guy's breath?"

"Boys." Calypso said, "perhaps we should focus on the present."

"Yes!" Apollo agreed, he launched into an explanation about the limerick that the grove had given him and explained about the roman emperors.

"I'll help you if Leo decides to help." Calypso told Apollo after his story.

Leo grinned, "so where is this next Oracle- Ow!"

Leo's sister Nyssa had made it to the front of the line, she slapped him and then ranted at him in rapid Spanish.

"Dang hermana, I love you too," Leo rubbed his face. He turned back to Apollo, "So where is this next Oracle?"

"We're guessing that the next oracle is in the second emperor's territory and that would me the middle third of the U.S." Percy said.

"Piece of torsta, we'll just search the entire middle of the country!" Leo exclaimed.

"Still with the sarcasm." Percy noted.

"Hey, man I've sailed with the most sarcastic scallywags on the high seas." Leo fist bumped both me and Percy.

Chiron was the last in the line. He was in his wheelchair.

"My boy, I am so pleased to have you back! And you freed Calypso I see. Well done, and welcome both of you!" Chiron spread his arms for a hug.

"Um, thanks Chiron." Leo leaned forwards.

Quick as a flash Chiron's equine leg emerged from underneath his lap blanket and kicked Leo in the gut. Just as quickly it disappeared.

"Mr Valdez," Chiron warned, "if you ever pull a stunt like that again..."

"I got it, I got it!" Leo rubbed his stomach. "Yo, Nico. Please tell me that's it for the physical abuse."

"For now." Nico smiled. "But we're still trying to get in touch with Camp Jupiter. You'll have a few dozen people there who will want to hit you."

Leo winced, "well that's something to look forwards to."

********

Three days later Apollo, Leo and Calypso were preparing to leave. I felt kind of selfish but I didn't want him to go.

"I'll be back as soon as I can." Apollo promised me.

"No." I told him, "You'll be back when you finish this, not a minuet sooner, promise me."

"I promise." He said unwillingly.

"And hey, you never know, our paths might cross on this death quest of yours."

"But you're not leaving camp until the baby is born." Apollo told me, "you have to promise me that."

"I promise."

"C'mon sun boy!" Leo yelled. He had Calypso were mounting Festus.

"Go," I told him.

He smiled at me. "I love you."

"I love you too."

He hurried towards the dragon and climbed up to sit behind Leo and Calypso.

"See you Sun girl!" Leo yelled.

"Take care Repair Boy!" I yelled back.

Festus spread his winds and soared off into the sky.

Here marks the end of part 3! I'll post the beginning of part 4 soon!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx