13- I Hear The Future (Spoilers, It's Bad)

********

********

Apollo and I sat there for a while longer before Apollo quickly sat up straight.

"What is it?" I winced at the sudden movement.

"I have to go to camp halfblood." Apollo got to his feet.

"Why?" I winced again.

"The Oracle is changing hands." He explained, but it didn't really clarify anything.

He began to glow and I shut my eyes. When I reopened my eyes he was gone.

I was still in too much pain to move anywhere and I still couldn't feel my legs. I figured that it was a good thing that I was receiving immortality or I might never walk again.

I couldn't move so I just stayed sitting there. I wasn't sure how long I had been sitting there, but it felt like forever.

Finally Apollo returned.

"What happened?" I asked, quickly noting his worried expression as he sat down next to me.

"Rachel Dare is the Oracle of Delphi now." He said, but he still looked worried.

"Isn't that good?" I frowned.

"Oh yes that's very good!" He replied, "But she spoke the next great prophecy."

"Uh, oh." My eyes widened, "what is it? It won't happen for a while will it?"

"Gods I hope now." Apollo looked at me, with a look that resembled pity, "the only thing I know about it is that you're in it."

"What?" I sent him a questioning look.

"Seven Halfbloods shall answer the call,

To storm or fire the world shall fall.

An oath to keep with a final breath,

And foes bear arms to the doors of death.

The daughter of Darkness will show two the way,

Through the place with no night and with no day." Apollo let the words sink in for a while.

"That's bad isn't it." I asked, he nodded.

"Nothing good ever comes from a prophecy and I'm the god of the things, I should know."

"It might not be me." I insisted, "I mean, my mum has plenty of other kids, maybe it means one of them, not all of them can be bad right."

Apollo shook his head, "one of your sisters is literally the goddess of misery."

"That's not the point." I sighed, "Maybe it won't happen for a while."

"Maybe." Apollo nodded. I yawned. "I'm going to get you to bed, you've had hard few days and you'll feel much better when you wake up, you just need a good night sleep."

"And because I'll be immortal." I replied as he picked me up.

"Yes that too." Apollo laughed. He placed me down on the bed and pulled the covers over me, "Get some sleep."

I tried. I lay there staring at the celling mulling over the lines of the newly discovered prophecy. What did they mean? Who were the seven demigods? What was the place with no night or day that I would have to guide some people through?

All of these questions flew through my head, leaving me feeling almost dizzy as all of these thought spun through my head.

I fell asleep after hours of lying awake.

This is the end of Part 1! Part 2 focuses on the Heroes of Olympus series. Incase you haven't noticed I have slightly altered the prophacy of seven, so let's see how that plays out!
I hope you have enjoyed this book so far and part 2 will be up soon.
Remember to vote, comment and do a pretty twirl!
~Em xx