Chapter 6: I Miss You

You stared at the boy who practiced along the rest of Bangtan. Like normal, you let this day go as any other. Collecting yourself and seeing them pop and sway to the beats that softened your mind, every time Jimin would consider the mirror to stare over at you, you'd smile. With a nod, you could see he was worried and you hated that he was stressed over you and your unresolved issues. So, to ease him, you mastered the art of fake smiling.

Jimin didn't fall for it and you both knew. He grew more and more worried as time went by. From the dancing to the singing and dancing scheme together, to now, the break where he stayed behind in the practice room with a lie about him sitting for a while before going to eat with the boys. He stayed behind to talk to you.

"We'll head right out in a few more hours alright?" Jimin asked, his hand in yours. You had clutched onto it as soon as he had finished dancing, sweaty and clammy, you didn't care. You left his tiny cute hands with everything you got – fueled by fear.

You nodded slowly. "I'm sorry for being an annoying burden."

Jimin's brows knit, he shook his head, face falling as he stepped in to soothe you. "No, no," he said breathless, "you can't, you aren't a burden and you definitely aren't annoying. You need my help and I'm willing, I'm not doing this out of force."

You nodded, smiling weakly when his free hand moved to rub gently at your shoulder. You shut your eyes and sighed when his fingers moved to the side of your neck, up to your cheek, before slowly poking your skin below your cheekbone. Jimin waited for you to look back at him, constantly poking your cheek until he did. Gently whacking his hand away, you chuckled before narrowing your eyes at his cute smile directed towards you.

"Cheer up okay?" He squeezed your hand, "We're in this together."

You nodded, smiling and watching him turn to completely shut the music that softly played at the speakers. As he turned, your smile fell and your eyes were pained. You watched Jimin's back as he crouched, taking this as your chance to debate whether or not to run, you sighed internally as you did. You left him, not wanting to bother him with your problems as you set out to figure it out yourself.

Jimin turned around and as he did, his brows jumped when you were no longer in the room. His jaw clenched hard, eyes hardening slowly as he called for you and got no answer. Breathless, he pushed with energy towards the exit, moving to the hallway and seeing your hand graze the corner before your form completely disappeared. About to run after you, he stopped. He froze and looked back at his members that called him down the hall. Setting eyes on the opened door, he noticed them all sat on the ground, food out and ready to consume.

"Jimin, come!"

-

"I'm coming."

You whispered to nothing, talking and thinking about your body as you hopped from car to car, floating and phasing faster than ever as you rushed to get to the arena where you were run over alongside. Stumbling as you got off your final car, hopping and landing onto your feet, your face was serious for the first time in a while as you looked around the road that had cars moving fast on it. The road was no longer blocked for investigation, opened and cleaned up as the police reported and notes as much as they could.

Cars went through you. They didn't notice you as you stood in the middle of the road, in the middle of the spot you had been pancake-pressed down at. In the middle, right in the middle, you didn't move, saddened that the world seemed to have already moved on without saving you a second glance.

That's how it worked right? You die, they grief even if they didn't know you, then they forget about you a few weeks after.

Your eyes moved away from the cars that moved through you and over at the light sources that were dimmed high in the day-time now. Looking at the pole it was attached to, there were letters, thoughts, words, and many many flowers.