Chapter 8: Why Jimin?

You. You were missing.

Jimin had never really felt a pain at his chest before this moment. One blink, one second, one fraction of a minute you were there. You were with him, just laughing and commenting on his farts. Now, here he stood, outside the closet's wide-open door, in brutal shock, hate, and annoyance for the unknown.

The crying in the room close by seemed to increase and two forms that held coffees down the hall, one a boy and the other a mother. Both seemed to have their eyes plop out of their bodies as they ran. The mother dropped her coffee completely as she rushed, crying almost immediately as she tried to get passed the nurses that advised her to stay out. The boy started to yell, argue and toughen up in attempts to go in, while a petite figure came out the room. She had blue hair and cried into the mother's chest as soon as she was guided out and the door to the room was sealed.

Jimin had a good feeling for who these people were but his lump-filled throat didn't want to budge. He was frozen, mask-less, standing in front of the closet door. He gawked at them all shake and cry, not wanting to believe what was happening in that room and who it was happening to.

His denial didn't last long when the girl with the blue hair whimpered, spitting away the mother's hair with her breath as she cried. "Y/N, Y/N just started shaking and her heart, her heart I've never seen a number increase so fast on a screen before that – how is that possible, I-" The mother shushed the girl, soothing her when in reality she couldn't keep a straight face herself.

Jimin's eyes watered. Confused and instantly wanting to break through the door and run in, he couldn't do much but put his mask on slowly. Staring over at the closet door, he didn't close it as he walked over to the family. As he slowly started to walk to the room, his eyes caught the vision of the boy that blinked back tears.

"What're you looking at?" he barked, glaring over at Jimin's who remained disguised once again.

Jimin pursed his lips from underneath his mask, lowering his head in apology before continuing his steps in the direction headed. Instead of going to the room, he walked down the hall past other rooms with tears swelling up in his sockets. Daring to fall, he didn't have any of it leak until reaching the corner of the hallway. About to let the pain and startled exposure he held consume him, Jimin's eyes caught something, a hand, an illusion, something. He saw it from the corner of his watery eye and double-glanced in its direction.

A hand. A hand at the end of the hallway and what looked to be the back of your body moving around the corner.

Breathily smiling, Jimin painfully soaked up all the energy he could as he ran towards the second corner.

He followed what he thought to be you.

-

You weren't at a corner, nor were you at a hallway. You were strapped to a bed, unable to move from the hospital room that looked familiar to you. It was Room 7, Level 3. You were in your hospital room but the walls were deserted, the hallways were silent, and sights of Iniko, Jonah, and your mother were unknown. You were around darkness, alone, and cold; waiting for whatever brought you in this place to show itself.

You didn't know where you were, or how you got here, but you knew that Thing was the creature that brought you here and anger filled your gut as you screamed. Instead of fear, you screamed in anger and the tone and echo of your own voice made your skin crawl from horror. You sounded like a monster.

"COME OUT AND FACE ME YOU CREEP!"

Thing laughed but you couldn't see it. It was too dark all around the room for you to spot its movements. So, you waited, twisting your wrists and trying to get up from the bed but nothing helped. You couldn't see the constraints that held you down but you could feel them. They were strong, not man-made. It was a force that held you down...Thing held you down. Thing was strong, stronger than you.