Chapter 9: Insecurities

A week's course;
and you were still in the holding cell. Jimin did nothing productive to help you – frankly, the both of you couldn't figure out exactly what he needed to do in order to start. This is how the week went:

Monday:

You had been practicing your strength.

Thing had attacked you more than once, at different places, and with full force. Wanting to get stronger, to feel the pulsing of power flourish through your deadly quiet veins was a weird obsession now. You practiced every chance you got. Throwing and trying to grab onto objects that your fingers phased right through. It was a long, gruelling, and commonly distraught situation since every time you'd practice, you would fail.

Having watched Jimin practice with the others like you did every day, it saddened you that the boys rarely took breaks for themselves. But in the back of your head, this was refreshing to see on a daily. You could see they didn't take what they did easy, and looking back at your life when you were once alive, you wished you hadn't taken advantage of everything that once made you happy.

You wished you hadn't rolled your eyes often when your Mother nagged.
You wished you hadn't gone on insane diets that weren't good for you.
You wished you ran and exercised more.
You wished you hugged Jonah more.
You wished you were able to tell Iniko how sorry you were for what you did to her...

Everything now burdened in your mind, those were simply the main objectives for you to continue. You continued to practice and stay motivated. You needed to get out, you needed to be alive and you needed to hurry. You needed to hurry before the doctors told your Mother there was no point to keeping you glued to machines any longer...you needed to survive.

Punching and kicking walls, your groaned when you fell right through, mastering the craft of floating and phasing at this point, things weren't looking too bad for your efforts.

Glancing over at Jimin who stared at you through the mirror, he tried to hide that he wasn't worried for you as he practiced. Like a parent subtly staring at their children in a park, Jimin remained focus on his routine all while making sure that his softness never left you practicing.

You had no idea he was staring at you as you had gotten back up and started all over.

Tuesday;

You were back to practicing. When you couldn't do much, the practice started to mimic the events of yesterday where you did nothing but groan, grunt, and moan in frustration most of the day. Laying onto your back as you floated over the long wooden table that held stalks of books, you arched your head to look at the body that was in disguise, focused, and determined.

Jimin sat with a mask on, his fingers cutely stumbling and swiping through pages of paranormal novels. Jimin had a notepad that was purchased, along with a pen while he tried to take notes on anything he could find. His notepad was empty and you sighed before laying onto your stomach, still watching him.

"Who comes to libraries now days anyway?" you had mumbled, teasing him. As expected, Jimin didn't look at you, his forehead crinkled as he continued to read, continued to play with his pencil, and continued to stare at the naked sheet of notes with anger.

Your eyes softened. "Go easy on yourself."

"I have to save you." Is all he said, voice determined as he breathed it out more for himself than for you.

Wednesday;
Thursday;
both were relatively the same routine.

Back at the practice room, you did nothing productive while kicking in walls and phasing right through.