Chapter 24: We'll Find A Way

(Un-edited)

"It could be lying," Jimin's strained voice echoed, "We can't just, we can't just believe what it says when its so weak and needing some sort of way to crawl back up to the top." His voice sounded as if he was crying.

You looked over at his woken form. It was a new day. It was Jimin's relaxing day. He had planned this day to work on finding a way to have you get back smoothly, only to have the bomb of truth dropped on him. Now, it was just a new morning filled with crying, hurt, and puffy red eyes from both you and Jimin while you two cuddled on his bed.

"It makes sense," you whispered, eyes awkward and suddenly so hard to look up at him. "We've searched the internet, we've read books, we've tried to find anything we can on the topic of the 'holding cell' but we haven't found anything. Maybe we haven't found anything because there is nothing recorded as proof of its existence to be found. It's been hidden and protected because if ever someone is released from it, the people around them, the anchor, and they themselves don't remember ever being in it."

Jimin's eyes were watering like no tomorrow. You moved your fingers on his cheek, soothing him with your touch as he did nothing but stare at you talk to him with hurt voices of your own. Your tone wavered, you tried to hold in your tears but there was no stopping them. You held him tight. You held him as if this may be the last time holding him.

"No, I refuse to believe that-"

You shushed him, seeing him crying. Pecking his lips, you brought him towards your neck where he buried his head. He shook, and you rubbed his arm, crying yourself and having your eyes become blurry from the liquid. You tried to stare at the ceiling, picture images and have them dance on the surface but you saw nothing but a fog.

You couldn't see, you couldn't imagine.

You shut your eyes and just held Jimin.

It felt like forever just in each others' arms. Jimin slowly softened, almost as if he fell asleep in your arms and relaxed entirely. You could've sworn from how silent and blank-minded you got, your body fell asleep as well. You knew you didn't, but sure as hell did you feel it take its course.

It was both your ways from coping from such news.

Such heartbreak.

Jimin's voice was soft at your ear as he whispered. You felt ease at his breath by your ear.

"We'll find a way."

Your heart swelled at that.

Sealing your lips, you whispered back. "Maybe this is just how it goes...this is reality, it's impossible to fight it, I-"

"You'll remember me," He said, arching his head away from your neck and arm that wrapped around his head. You were hot from his temperature close to you. He hovered over you on his bed, having you move onto your back so you could stare at his red and squinted eyes above you. "You'll remember me," he repeated, jaw clenched, "...and I'll remember you. I will."

Your heart broke. "Jimi-"

"You have to and I have to. It's not fair! I don't want to lose the memories of you and of us. I don't I don't-" He was teary eyed again, wanting to kiss you this time. You cupped his cheeks, not letting him since he wasn't calm and in regular mind.

Jimin tried to move away from your hands but you held him together.

He wasn't having it. "I like you okay?" he sang out pained, releasing what he had stopped himself from fully saying at first, "I care for you more than I have for any other girl and I can't lose that, I can't lose you I-"

You pursed your lips. You let tears fall, unable to win the fight you battled within yourself as you sunk into more of this situation. It was fucked, tampered with, and instantly making you want to take everything back. You felt you dragged him to like you, to feel such things for you and the negativity ate under your armour of positivity.

This is what Thing wanted.

You cried.

"We'll find a way," you said with a whimper. You fought it, you fought the negativity.

Jimin nodded, his one hand moving to cup over one of yours that held his cheeks. "We will."

You let the negativity subside with every breath you took. You stared at his eyes and tried to do everything but blame yourself. You stared you stared you stared.

Jimin moved in to kiss you and you didn't stop him this time.

He kissed you and the both of you tasted salty tears at the peek of your mouths.

We'll find a way.
I'll find a way.

With salt still at your tongue, your breath waves away from him. Softly, you whisper, "Give me a pen and paper."

"For what?" Jimin's brows furrow, his head cocking back so he could see all of you.

"I'm going to write all of this down." You day this with a waver in your voice, "a-and, and I'll put it in your drawer so if we make out of it there's hope that the sheets will too, there's hope that our st-story—" You're balling, no holding back.

Jimin hugs you. Holding you in fear of losing you, He coos, "Okay." Head sulking into the scents of your hair.

-

A/N: Short chapter but...story ending soon, just thought I'd let you lovelies know. And the next few chapters wrapping up will be lighter and fun, not to stress, not to stress.