Chapter 28: Saving Thing

(Un-edited)

You were at the arena. Where you had been hit. Where you had been rolled over. This was the area that stemmed most important to you for what you were about to do.

This, this street right here was where Thing and you had split. On the ground, lifeless and practically dead you had been, this was the place where the holding cell took you in.

You waited.

You called for Thing, but you waited for it to weakly make its presence.

Today was the day.

This new day was the day you would be getting back to your body. You would be alive, well, and facing the world again and you couldn't wait.

Today was the day.

"COME OUT!" You yelled once more. One last time and your smile was huge as you did. "THERE IS NO POINT IN HIDING ANYMORE. You know what's coming!"

There was a darkness that started to pool at the street. You watched, with a smirk as Thing showed its weak self.

Eyes totally black underneath from tiredness, lips chapped, cheeks hollow and caved in, Thing looked close to death. It looked sick and it tried to smile over at you smugly but it's cracked lips shook.

You stared at in still in the illusion of Jimin. Your heart wavered while seeing the image of Jimin so sick and needing help, but you knew it wasn't him. You tried your hardest to control yourself.

"Why come as Jimin? Your words aren't going to save you now." You sat lightly.

Thing rolled its eyes. "I'm not trying to manipulate you," it sighed out, "I've just gotten to the point where I can't change into anyone else. It's either your lover boy or it's my true form."

"Will you be showing your real form?"

"That will only happen if you win my dear," Thing said with a smile, leaning against a parked car that lined up with others.

People were walking up and down the streets. The world and city was alive. You just weren't, as you talked to Thing, face-to-face and hopefully one last time. You had to join the world again. You had to join its people again. It was your time to be back.

"Then I'm guessing that will be soon enough." You said with a soft smile.

There was no smugness, no fighting. You held sweet expressions all throughout.

"Cocky?" Thing asked with a chuckle.

You giggled yourself, shaking your head, "No, just aware of what is going to happen. I'm sure you know too...now it's just about pushing your pride aside and letting it happen."

"I'm your worst part of living my dear," Thing wavered out, so weak it could barely speak at this point without getting light-headed. "It's going to be harder than that to convince me on giving up and coming with you."

"No it won't."

Thing's brow arched. You smiled sweetly still.

"Every time I'm on the brighter side, every time I'm stronger, my mind thinks of you as a bad guy and separate from me." Your eyes are soft as you point between both figures, you continue, "I separate myself from you when in reality, I should be doing what I had done when I had gone rogue. I should be partnering up with you. We're the same person and I know now that accepting that is the only way I will be back as myself."

Thing's eyes were narrowed. You could sense it was trying so hard to soften up its hardened shell so you did what you needed to do. You kept at it until Thing broke completely.

"This holding cell equation. This last win. I need you to come willingly and give yourself up. That is how Jimin wins," you corrected yourself with a chuckle as you begged with eyes and stepped into Thing. "That is how we win. His win is our win together...as one and the way it should be."

You moved closer and closer. You phased through humans that walked the sidewalk you stood on. They shivered as they went through you, completely oblivious of your presence.

"Come with us."

Thing's voice was soft. "Us?"

There was a low voice that peered that corner of one car. Thing glanced over at saw Jimin strolling on to the sidewalk. He glanced around at people who were in their own worlds, in disguise, he pulled a phone to his ear as he pretended to talk. His legs worked to stop right next to you.

You held his hand, glancing back at Thing who was shocked over Jimin coming out of no where. "How long have you been behind that car, what?"

Jimin spoke into the phone when in reality he was speaking over to Thing. His hand squeezed yours before letting go and focusing on what was planned. "Come back with us," he said softly.

Thing's face moved from shocked to awkward again. "I can't. I can't lose."

"But you'd be winning," you said with soft eyes, "I need you to realize that living and letting people love and care about you isn't supposed to be scary, sad, or upsetting." You glanced at Jimin with sweet eyes. Thing watched with softer ones.

Thing was getting softer more and more by the second. It didn't know if it was just too weak to care or if the negativity within it was taking a break for reality. It was too far in to try and argue at this point.

Thing has lost.

"We're a team, we're one. I can't do any of this without you so I need you to realize you aren't alone. You have me, you'll always have me," you said, eyes watering as you moved away from Jimin and walked straight in front of Thing. "Come with me. Let's unite again. Let's work through today and live."

"Why come here to me?" Thing asked soft, staring at your eyes with Jimin's that he used as a shield. "...other than the fact that you have no other choice."

"I know it might seem that I'm desperate or I have no other choice but to stand here in front of you." You stared directly at it's eyes. "But it's more complicated than just winning. I need you. Not just to win, but to be able to live a human life."

Jimin smiled lightly. He slowly walked forward, phone still at his ear. Thing glanced away from you and looked to Jimin.

"I need you too," Jimin lightly whispered out, body soft, "not only so I don't die and win-" he chuckled, "-but because I was you alive along with her. I shouldn't have treated you as some monster when in reality you are her. You're the person I love isolated. Without you, my love for Y/N as a whole wouldn't mean anything because it wouldn't be her entirety."

Thing looked as if it broke from all the sweetness at that. It looked between you and Jimin in hesitation.

You moved to slowly hold it's hand and it went from tensing at first, to complete relaxation the next.

"Let us save you." Jimin smiled.

You nodded, "Be my second-half again."

With that, you let it's hand go, smiling softly one last time and glanced over at Jimin with a nod.

Jimin nodded back. He stared over at Thing who was confused over them separating and moving away from each other. "Wha..."

"We'll be at the hospital waiting for you." Jimin said lastly. "I'm sure you know what time to come in...we need you there willingly if this is going to work."

They left. You phased and made it to the hospital fast.

Jimin went to jog across the street and get into his car that a driver brought him around.

Thing watched the both of you leave.

There was no fighting or any longer...

Thing had lost.