01

"Ay, Via, do not forget to write! You too, Javier," Maria Ramirez called out, as her two children started to make their way towards the Hogwarts Express. 
"Adios, Madre," Olivia replied for her and her brother, pushing him towards the train. Once they were on, they paused to share a look before waving each other goodbye as they went their separate ways. 

Olivia was a sixth year Hufflepuff, and she also happened to be the first of her friends on the train, so she just found an empty compartment and waited for one of the two to arrive. She wasn't exactly surprised, though, because she seemed to be the only one of her friends to have the ability to be early. However, it was not long before Gabriella Bulstrode was in the apartment, screaming Olivia's ear off. 
"Olivia! Hola!" she yelled. Olivia appreciated that her friends tried to learn her mother-tongue Spanish, but both girls were still very much in the process of learning. "How was your summer?" 
"Eh. Alright. Ana brought home a new novio and has decided she wants to marry him now." 
"Novio. That means boyfriend?" Olivia nodded. "Wow. How long do you think that's going to last?"
"How long will what last?" asked Eve Lestrange, entering the compartment a lot quieter than Gabbie did, but not entirely quiet. 
"Ana got a new novio," Olivia explained, as Eve settled herself on the other bench next to Gabbie. 
"That means boyfriend, doesn't it? I'm going to go with... two months," Eve guessed. 
"Mm. I'm going five," Gabbie added. 
"Seven. Dos galleons I'm right," Olivia joined. The two other girls nodded. "So, Eve, how was your summer?" 

"You know, the one thing about Hogwarts that gets me every time is the feasts," Gabbie said, tucking into a possibly overfilled plate. 
"We know," Eve told her. "Trust me." Olivia smiled at her friends and started eating from her own plate. 
"Hey, Eve," Gabbie started, breaking the silence a few minutes later. "What's the deal with your brother?" Gabbie had a crush on Eve's twin brother, Andrew and all three girls knew it. 
"Single," Eve answered simply, smirking. "Why? Want me to hook you up? My parents would approve." 
"No! No," Gabbie amended, as she'd been a little too loud, "I mean, it's okay. I was just checking. You know." Eve sighed. 
"Gabs, if you don't make your move, someone else will," Eve explained. 
"Si, hermana, she's right," Olivia agreed. "He won't be available forever." 
"But what if he's not into me? I don't want to embarrass myself!" 
"No one does, Gabs. You just got to... go for it," Eve advised. Before Olivia could add to it, though, a small piece of paper landed on her chicken. She picked it up gingerly. It read: meet me in the Transfiguration classroom after the feast. Yours. But it was not signed. Olivia frowned then looked up to catch both her friends staring. 
"What's it say, Liv?" Eve asked. 
"I think it's just a prefect thing," Olivia guessed. At that precise moment, out of nowhere, Olivia had the sudden urge to look over to the Slytherin table. She looked to see Tom Riddle staring right at her, almost in the eyes despite the distance. Olivia held the gaze for a few seconds longer than she would have liked before lowering her gaze to the note and slipped it into her pocket. 

Olivia knocked on the door before opening it and calling out a meek, "Hello?" She knew the Transfiguration classroom was Dumbledore's, but she didn't understand what he'd want to talk to her about. Alas-
"Miss Ramirez,"Dumbledore started, coming down the stairs that led from his office. It gave Olivia a small fright. "Sorry if the note panicked you at all."
"Not at all, Profesor," Olivia assured. Her teachers were used to her speaking small amounts of Spanish to them by now. "How can I help?"
"I spent a great deal of my summer travelling forwards into time, and although there is not much I am allowed to tell you, Miss Ramirez, there is one thing I can speak about." Olivia nodded, taking the information in as fast as he spoke. 
"What is it, señor?" Olivia question. 
"You know Tom Riddle, yes?" Olivia nodded. "Years from now, it is possible he is going to become one of the world's most dangerous wizards. He will pose a threat to society." 
"Thank you for telling me this, señor," Olivia said, frowning, "but what am I supposed to do?"
"This is where you come in. I'd like you to see if you can try and change Tom."