15

this is so bad i'm so sorry but i really wanted to post something i love you x

A few months came and passed by, and then it was June. And it was swelteringly hot. Each day brought a heat so hot, most students were forced to revise outdoors, with the hope of wind. Olivia's friends sent her off to study with Tom, and their study sessions slowly became study dates. It wasn't, after all, like either of them needed to revise; Tom and Olivia were probably the top students of their year. So, they were currently just messing about. Well, Olivia was- she was throwing berries into her mouth and trying to catch them. Tom was just reading a book, but Olivia swore she could see some sort of smirk peek from it. Her pile of berries was dwindling, though, so she decided to start pelting them at her boyfriend. 
"Paras lectura," she told him, when he looked over at her. Tom's Spanish had advanced a lot, and they could have basic conversations now. "¡Está soleado!" Tom pushed himself up from his elbows and put his book down. 
"You really do love your Spanish, don't you?" he asked, pinching one of her berries. Olivia frowned at him and pulled her berries closer, guarding them with her hands. "So, that wasn't you chucking them a moment ago?" 
"Someone was throwing them at you?" Olivia asked with fake earnest. "Let me go, you know..." she trailed off as she imitated punching someone. Tom let out a chuckle. He also stood up and offered Olivia his hand to pull her up. 
"You want to do something? Let's go for a walk," Tom suggested. Olivia had no idea how Tom was always so blasé, but he managed it so well. 
"Okay," Olivia agreed, deciding that anything was better than just being sat around. The first minute was kind of quiet, then Olivia started speaking. 
"Is there really an octopus in the lake?" she questioned. "Or is it just a rumour?" 
"It's actually a squid," Tom confirmed. "I saw it on my first night. It was cool." 
"Hang on, let me just remember you saying that word."
"Cool?" 
"It's a one-off, Tom. A one-off." 
"Well, no one else is hearing me say it, for sure. They will not believe you," he pointed out. 
"Maldita sea," Olivia muttered. Tom chuckled again, and Olivia decided she really liked it. 
"Seeing as I've already been quite rebellious today," Tom started, "why don't we do something else unruly?" 
"You just used-" Olivia paused. "Okay, sure." 
"Cool. What are synonyms for that?" 
"English is not my first language." 
"Right. Oh, look, there's a secluded spot there, by the water. Why don't we go splash about in the water some?" Olivia stopped. 
"Uhh... maybe that's not such a good idea. You know, there could be... diseases in there." 
"There wouldn't be a squid there otherwise." 
"Punto justo. Well, I don't really feel like going and- oh, you're taking your shirt off." Olivia looked down, as she wasn't really sure where to look. Then curiosity got the better of her and she looked. And she was not disappointed. "And your trousers too, oh wow, this is..." she trailed off as he waddled into the water. 
"Come join me!" he called, at least knee deep. He suddenly dived in, causing Olivia to squeal. He emerged suddenly, soaking wet. "Liv! Why won't you come in?"
"I can't swim," she lied. 
"I'll teach you," he offered, holding his arms out. He started to move towards her, and Olivia knew it was inevitable, she was going to have to join him, but she stepped back anyway, mouth open in protest. "You're going to get your clothes wet," he warned, picking her up.
"No, Tom, no, Tom, Tom, Tom, Tom!" she yelled as he dunked her in. 

It was not long before Olivia could start to feel the change on her body. Her head poked up, and she saw Tom standing above her, with a full smirk. 
"When you told me you had a secret, I didn't think it was this big."

-

Paras lectura  - stop reading

 Está soleado - it's sunny

  Maldita sea - damn it 

Punto justo - fair point