42

Okay, so this is a bit of a different chapter, but I hope you enjoy! Olivia's awakening to Tom's true actions starts here. This is the start of the home run, folks.
Also, a WARNING of mature themes. you HAVE been warned :)

Tom lit the last candle, and then he shook the flame out from his wand. He made his way back to the circle of men, cape billowing behind him. 
"Positions," Tom instructed, his voice echoing through the warehouse. Immediately, every single man in the room, bar the one shaking on the floor in the middle of the circle, crossed their wand arm over their chest, wand pointing up. He could feel the fear in the room. He loved the power high it gave him. 

She wrapped her arm around his neck, bringing him closer for the kiss, but not before he pushed her against the wall, pinning her arms above her. The feeling of dominance rushed through him like a high.

"So you, Sir Crabbe, say you would like to become a member of the organisation. How far would you go?" 
"Wh-what do y-you mean?" The air around the man on the floor was specifically colder than anywhere else in the room. If he could not pass this initiation task, Tom knew he was not strong enough for the organisation. An obliviate would be used. 
"Would you kill for your beliefs? Would you die for your beliefs?"

He moved a hand back down to her neck, lighting pressing as she moaned into the kiss. She pressed against him gently but gave no other fight.

"D-die?" the man repeated. Tom smiled coldly. 
"Yes. Die. Perish. Decease. Die. Is that too much? You don't want this-" Tom spread his arms out- "that much?"

"Wait," Olivia said against his mouth, breathless. 
"What?" he responded, stopping the kissing and instead moved to place kisses on her neck. "Don't you want this?" 
"Always," Olivia responded, tilting her head up. "But I want to be all in or not, and I think the restaurant we ate at gave me food poisoning." Tom stopped and looked at her. She smiled apologetically. "I'm sorry." 
"It's okay." 

Tom would not be forgiving. This was not a club you could drop out of. Well, you could only drop out if you died. 
"I-I do," the man responded. Sensible. 
"Good," Tom said. "If you can survive the initiation, you are welcome to show us how far you will go." Tom did not mention what would happen if he did not survive the testing initiation.

Olivia was immensely enjoying her new job. However, she was just coming to the end of her training with the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, which meant test time. Olivia had hoped to be done with exams once and for all post-Hogwarts, but it seemed as if she could do nothing about it if she wanted to join a squad.

There were twenty-one squads amongst the department; three for each division. Olivia was personally hoping to join the Being or Beast division, but if not, the Office of Misinformation seemed good too. But first, she actually had to pass the exam. Which was stressing her big time. In some way, it was funny watching Tom try and cure her nerves. But deep down, Olivia knew there was no hope; it was the way she got during exams. It was a consolation that he cared that much about her, though, so at least she had that going for here. And the massages and shoulder rubs were an added bonus, of course, until it distracted her a little too much

And then, the day came. And she passed. Top of her class, as Tom always predicted. Olivia was so proud of herself. The graduates were always given the day off afterwards, whilst being sorted into their following departments, so of course, Olivia went straight home, ready to tell Tom. It was his day off, although she hadn't told him what happened after the exam; she wanted to be able to surprise him. 

But he wasn't home. 

Olivia didn't think it strange, at first, because it was his turn to do the grocery shopping, but it didn't take all day to do so. Olivia had gotten home at three in the afternoon, it was seven when he came home. He did come home with the groceries, though. 
"Where were you?" she asked almost immediately. 
"Welcome home, honey," he grumbled, heading to the kitchen. Olivia followed. "How was your day, honey?"
"How long does it take to do the shopping, honey?" she mocked. She sensed something was off. "I got home at three. How long have you been out?"
"I didn't realise the exam finished then," he replied. 
"I was going to come home and surprise you. How long does it take-"
"I'm sorry," Tom apologised, sincerely, which took Olivia slightly by surprise. "I had other errands that I wanted to do." Olivia knew that should've made sense, but she could tell he was lying. She didn't push further, though, and instead turned to conversation onto her. 
"So..." she trailed off, waving the letter with her fate around. Olivia moved around the small kitchen, causing Tom to chase her around until he grabbed his girlfriend, picking her up. Olivia squealed, not anticipating Tom to spin her around until she surrendered the letter over to him. Tom put her down, unfolding the piece of paper. He read it aloud.
"Congratulations, Miss Olivia Ramirez, as you have passed both your practical and theory tests to enter the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures." He hummed, pausing to look at his girlfriend, who could not hold back a beaming smile. 
"¡Lo hide! [I did it!]," she exclaimed, pumping both her fists up. Tom smiled back at her, one of the most genuine smiles she'd seen from him. He placed the letter carefully on the countertop and moved closer to Olivia, pulling her closer. 
"We're framing that letter," he muttered, initiating the kiss. Olivia reacted almost immediately, placing her hands on his face, pressing herself flush against him. 
"And putting it over the bed?" she responded between kisses, breathless. She felt his hands trail up and down her body. 
"But first, we celebrate."