28

hi guys, hope everyone is well! i just wanted to let you all know that my gcse's are starting this week, but it's 34 days until it's all over and i'll have so much time to write. i think it's safe to say i might take a break, but not completely. this is just a warning- i have so much revision to do! xoxo

Olivia woke up that morning with her bedroom door open. Which confused her, because she never slept with the door open. There was also a lump in the chair opposite her bed. She put on her glasses (Olivia could see most the time. When she wasn't sleepy) and waited for the image to refocus. When it did, she screamed. Then chucked the nearest object she had at it. Which happened to be a book. The object jumped, then moved a little, mumbling. 
"Tom Riddle!" Olivia yelled, disgust rising in her voice. "¿Qué mierda?" Tom blinked at her. 
"What?" he mumbled again, the remnants of sleep obvious in his voice. 
"Why are you in my room? Estuviste viendo me dormir?" she questioned, her brain not really registering a difference between Spanish and English. "¡Vete!¡Vete!" Tom stood up. 
"I'm sorry?" he asked. Olivia pointed to the door. Tom held his hands up and left. 

"It is the creepiest thing!" Olivia exclaimed, watching Eve eat her porridge with great delight. 
"What a creep," Gabriella agreed. 
"Was," Eve corrected. "Look, maybe it was what he thought would make you like him again." 
"I do like him," Olivia admitted. "I just don't think a romantic relationship is what he wants." 
"You mean sex, right? She's talking about sex?" Gabriella clarified, looking at Eve. Eve sighed. 
"Olivia, I think you should give Riddle another chance. At least be more friendly." 
"I don't even think he wants a relationship with me. I think he's up to something." 
"I think you've mentioned this before," Eve commented. "Okay, here's the plan. If Saturday goes well, you get back with him. If not, let me know and I will get him to leave you alone." Eve cracked her fingers, a habit she had every time she threatened to threaten someone. 
"Eve," Olivia warned. "Eat your avena." 
"Yes, Head Girl." 

It wasn't the only thing that had recently happened with Tom. Last week, Olivia, Eve, Gabriella and Evan (who was slowly becoming a more permanent friend to the girls) were in the common room (of course), where Olivia was teaching Evan how to knit. Eve and Gabriella were watching and drinking, finding it a great source of entertainment. 
"Look at this!" Evan exclaimed, holding the hat he'd knitted in his hand. "Who the hell is going to wear a hat this small?" 
"A baby?" Eve suggested. 
"Yeah, isn't your sister pregnant?" Gabriella added, picking up a bottle of firewhiskey. Olivia often forgot she was not part of the pureblood world, a world where Eve and Gabriella couldn't act as they did around Olivia. She hated the thought of it, and often kept out of it- the pureblood lifestyle in Spain was much different. 
"You're right. I'm sure my nephew will love a yellow hat." Olivia couldn't tell if it was sarcastic or not. 
"Well," Olivia started. "At least-" 
"Rosier!" Abraxas Malfoy, another one of Tom's friends, called down. All four turned to look at him descend the stairs. Abraxas glanced at the girls and then looked sort of behind Evan. "You're needed. Get your ass back u- what the hell are you doing?" 
"Knitting," Evan replied, holding up the hat, which was still attached to the needles. 
"That might be the gayest thing I've ever seen you do," Abraxas said after a while. 
"How is it gay? I'm making my nephew a hat!" 
"You're kn-" 
"Malfoy!" It seemed the chain of interruption was going to continue- it was Tom's turn. "Can't you do the simplest tasks?" 
"Yes, my Lord!" As soon as Abraxas said that, both his and Evan's eyes widened. Abraxas swore under his breath and dashed upstairs. Downstairs, Evan sighed and slumped against the sofa. 
"Mm, that's a sad face," Gabriella commented. "What's up?" 
"Abraxas." 
"What about him?" Eve asked, taking the bottle from Gabriella. 
"He's so..." Evan put his hands over his face in despair. "Good looking." 
"So your problem is you fancy him?" Olivia clarified. 
"Yes." 
"Rosier!" Tom's voice rang from upstairs. 
"I've got to go, ladies, but this was fun." As soon as he was out of earshot, Olivia leaned forwards. 
"Did you hear that?" she asked them. 
"What?" 
"'Lord'," Olivia quoted. "And their reactions! Something is going on!" She jabbed her finger in that general direction. 
"Olivia, you're conspiring. I'm sure everything's fine," Eve assured, sighing as Gabriella's head dropping onto her shoulder. "I've got to get her back to the common room." 

On top of that, there were a lot of books about dark magic lying about the common room that definitely were not Olivia's. She had only picked up one, but the title of it was sinister- The Arts of Atrocious Anslem. Olivia thought she's recognised the name from History of Magic, but before she could delve further, the book was plucked out of her hand. Olivia turned to see Tom tuck the book into his robes. 
"That's a very dark book," he explained simply. 
"No jodas," Olivia replied rolling her eyes. "Why are you reading it?" Tom only stared at her, so Olivia stared back, tilting her head up so she could actually look at him. This time, it was Olivia's turn to initiate the kiss, but before Tom could even respond, she pulled away. 

She got the last laugh. 

--

¿Qué mierda? - what the fuck?

 Estuviste viendo me dormir - were you watching me sleep?

¡Vete! - get out! 

avena  - porridge

No jodas - no shit