07

votes and comments are welcomee

No sé, no sé, no sé!" Olivia screamed at her friends, tired and annoyed. It was now three in the morning and she was so damn grateful they didn't have school that day. "No, I don't know why he kissed me. We were talking, maybe it was flirting, and next thing I know, he kissed me. We broke apart, and then he left. Si?" she explained. 
"No, no si!" Eve exclaimed. "It's Tom Riddle! He's not the kind of guy to lead you on. We all know that." 
"Yeah, but that's not leading Liv on, it's telling her how he feels. I've got two conclusions from this," Gabriella countered. 
"Do tell," Olivia said, lying down so that she was on her side, looking at her friends. 
"One- that costume just defied the laws of attraction," she started. 
"Si, did you two put something on me? Like a spell or..?"
"No, but my second point is he is actually attracted to you. I mean, you're as smart as he is, you're pretty, kind, funny. There's no reason for him not to like you." 
"No," Olivia replied, sitting up again and frowning. "No, no estoy de acuerdo. I think he knows something. Whether it's the plan or our thing, I don't know. But he knows something. And if he wants to know more, he'll try emotional blackmail or something to get it out. What if it's a plan, just like mine?" Eve smiled at Olivia in the dim lighting. 
"Then play his game." 

Fast forward a few months, and it was the day before the broke for the Christmas Holiday. Olivia was sat in Muggle Studies (next to Tom, of course) and their teacher, Professor Green, was discussing their coursework. 
"So, after Christmas, we're going to start working on the coursework for the NEWT, which is a study on Muggle culture in another country and comparing it to the wizarding culture. Since it can be any country we want, we picked Spain, because we actually have someone who's Spanish in the class, which makes it easier as we don't have to travel to the country." 
"I wouldn't advise it anyway," Olivia told the class. "Under General Franco's rule, it's not safe for any other us, especially for me. I would get arrested the minute I entered the country and most likely would get killed, or used to 'breed'." 
"See!" Green shouted, clapping his hands as if Olivia had proved a point. The class jumped, excluding Tom (of course). "Thank Miss Ramirez, you lot, because, without her, you probably won't do as well. Anyway, under the coursework, you will have to look at a number of things: entertainment, politics, religion, geography, festivals and SEE- which means?" he prompted the class. 
"Social, economic, environmental," the class shouted back. 
"Thank you. Now, language comes under a multitude of things- entertainment, geography and SEE. Miss Ramirez, maybe you could explain some of the others?" 
"Si. Um, politics is easy, you just need to talk about la familia real- the royal family-, Catalonia and General Franco. You could also mention the part of Spain in wars, and the Spanish Civil War. Religion is quite easy too- it links to General Franco, how it used to be very diverse, and so on."
"You keep mentioning General Franco," Tom asked, not quite interrupting.

Since the kiss, nothing had been awkward at all between them. In fact, Tom had pretended like it hadn't happened, and Olivia had followed suit.

Maybe it hadn't happened. 

Now the cold cobalt blue eyes were staring her in the eye again, and Olivia had to force herself to focus. 
"Er, he's a dictator," Olivia put simply. "You know what that means, right? He is not a nice man, either. On the wizarding side, he's caused a lot of uprisings. Political. It's one of the main reasons why I cannot go back to Spain." Tom only nodded. As Professor Green started to talk again, Olivia's mind flashed back to their library conversation about her brother. Had he made the link? They kept their eye contact as Green set them off to work on researching something. 
"Remember you must have a case study for each category!" he yelled at the class. 
"For once, I must be ahead of you," she said finally, not breaking the eye contact. 
"So it seems," Tom replied. "Yet, I'm in luck, because we are partners." 
"Eso parece," Olivia repeated, in Spanish (of course). 

--

No sé  → i don't know

 no estoy de acuerdo →  i don't agree

Asi que parece → so it seems