14

Weeks went by, and suddenly it was Valentine's day. 

Olivia was really nervous, mainly because she and Tom hadn't really discussed it but also because it was her first with someone. Olivia had gotten Tom's something- a few big tomes and a Spanish dictionary- but she wasn't sure if she should give it to him. 

It also seemed that her friends were more excited for the day than her, too. 
"But neither of you have dates," Olivia pointed out, befuddled. 
"Rude," Eve replied. 
"It's the day of getting dates," Gabriella explained. "And who knows- today we could get lucky!" 
"I don't even understand why we're not in relationships," Eve continued. She did that often, mostly without realising. 
"Maybe we should be each other's Valentine's," Gabriella suggested. 
"We do that every year," Olivia reminded her. "I've got both your things."
"Oh, yeah." Gabriella giggled. 
"So, Liv," Eve started. "Anything happening between you and Tom?" She wriggled her eyebrows suggestively. It took a few minutes for Olivia to catch on. 
"No! No! Great Merlin, no. We haven't even discussed it. It's not really on my mind," Olivia confessed. Both her friends raised their eyebrows. Olivia just swore at them. 

It was a school day, so nothing exciting really happened. Apart from people sending love notes and roses in class. All day. By the last lesson, all three girls were particularly tired of seeing the romance around them. 
"Oh, look, Anna Benson's got one now," Eve mentioned lazily. 
"Ay, ay, ay," Olivia groaned. At this point, she just wanted to get back into bed. Olivia despised Potions too, which didn't help. 
"Oh, look," Eve repeated. "You've got one too, Liv." She turned to look at the owl fluttering behind her, who was carrying a box. 
"Gracias," she coaxed to the owl, taking the box. He (or she. Olivia could never tell) looked rather unhappy to be doing its job. Olivia put the box on the table. The whole class was staring at her. 
"Open it!" Gabriella urged her friend, taking the bottle of bee juice from her friend's hand. Olivia slowly opened the box, peering inside then gasping. 
"Ay, ay," she repeated, taking off the lid. In the box was a few items: a box of what seemed to be jewellery, dark green material that looked to be a dress and a book titled A History of Foreign Magic: Royalty. Olivia smiled discreetly, turning to look at Tom who was on the next table along. They shared a look, but the look in his eyes told Olivia that in actual fact, the gifts were from him. Alongside the presents was a simple note wishing her a 'happy Valentines day'. Olivia felt warm and gooey inside, and she could also sense her friends peering into the box. She quickly replaced the lid and carried on with her work, with a beam on her face.