43

hey everyone! i just want to say that I do read your comments and thank you! i swear y'all are the funniest people I've ever met. and I also want to say sorry I'm so bad at uploading. i try I promise. anyway, we're about to take a turn for the worst, courtesy of tom riddle jr. enjoy x

Olivia couldn't understand why Tom wanted to have a date night on the full moon. He knew if she saw the moon, she'd want to go in the pool, and she'd lose her tail. Olivia knew that she was hard to deal with once she saw the silver orb, but she guessed that if anyone could manage her, it was Tom, after all. And his reasoning for date night made sense. 
"It's the only time you have off for a while," he reminded her, placing a kiss on her forehead. It was true; although Olivia loved her job, she was almost always constantly working. She barely saw Tom as it was, and usually was exhausted by the time she made it home- if she was home on time or at all. 

Which was the main reason she agreed. Olivia felt horrible that she was spending so little time with the man she loved. And they lived together. 

Olivia was excited, though, for a date night. She hadn't had the chance to get properly ready for anything in so long, and a break was much needed. 
"Even though we're not leaving the house," she muttered to herself in the mirror. 
"We can have so much fun in the house!"Tom, who was in the kitchen, yelled. Olivia rolled her eyes; she swore her boyfriend had super-hearing. 
"I hope you're talking of fun with our clothes on!" she responded, finally looking away from her reflection. Even after all this time, Tom still looked at her like every time he saw her was the first. It was flattering, especially when she came home after long shifts. As she descended the stairs, she could still hear her boyfriend chuckling at his own innuendo. That surprised Olivia. Tom still rarely laughed. 

As with everything, Tom was a neat cook. Even though the meal wasn't complete, the counter space was still tidy. Nothing had even split onto the chef himself. Olivia knew he used magic, but it still surprised her. Her childhood had been filled with memories of cooking with her mother, and although sometimes her parents used magic to cook, there was always a little mess to clean up. The memories filled Olivia with warmth, and a smile appeared on her face. 
"Thinking of the fun we could have?" Tom asked, pulling Olivia out of her thoughts. She rolled her eyes at him, but the smile did not leave her face. 
"I think our definitions of fun are different," she responded, moving to stand with Tom. Olivia wrapped her arms around him, resting her head on his shoulder. 
"Well, mine involves my hands around-"
"A book, I hope," Olivia interrupted quickly, knowing exactly where his hands could be. Tom chuckled again. 
"Now, are you going to let me serve dinner?" Olivia stepped away, taking her seat at the table again. 
"You'd make an excellent house-husband," she teased him, watching as he moved around the kitchen. 
"Is that not a waste of my talents?" 
"Mi amor [my love], working at that store is a waste of your talents. You are one of the best wizards of our age," Olivia said as he sat down. He raised an eyebrow. 
"One of?"
"Asides from me, por supuesto [of course]." Tom chuckled but did not any more. Olivia supported him, of course, but she still thought his talents would be better elsewhere. 
"Eat," he said.

Tom had planned this night, all alone. He said the surprise would be a good date. Of course, it was more a cover. 

He'd had enough of the whole merperson business. If he was going to rule the world, and he was, his wife could not be some hybrid or half-breed. She had to be a pure wizard so that their sons would be too. Tom wasn't actually sure if the Horcrux plan would allow them to have children, but then he supposed he could always adopt. Growing up in the system made it perfectly fine for him to think of raising someone else's unwanted baby as their own. Although he hadn't had this talk with Olivia yet. Not just yet. First, he had to deal with this. 

His plan was foolproof. It was a hot, yet windy evening. This allowed him to keep the windows open, although all the blinds were closed to protect Olivia. All he had to do was 'accidentally' get her to see the moon, and then he wouldn't stop her. He'd help her, and construct a lie for the next morning. She'd perform a spell on him, he was going to say.

Then, they would be perfect. 

And it was easy enough. Olivia thought it was only fair she clean up after dinner, and so Tom let her, knowing she would have argued the whole night away about it. The light breeze was causing the blinds to flutter, and Olivia only looked up once as she chatted away, but it was enough. She looked at the wrong time, just as the blind fluttered away from the window. He tilted his head as she stopped mid-sentence, enthralled by the silver orb in the sky. 
"It's a wonderful night, don't you think?" Olivia said suddenly. The tone of her voice had changed completely; it was floaty, light. It barely sounded like Olivia. 
"Yes, it's lovely," Tom agreed, standing up. 
"Why are we still indoors? We should be under the moon," she continued as if she didn't hear him. Olivia reached behind her, grabbing Tom's hand without looking at him, and dragged him to the back door. Once unlocked, she ran out into the garden, twirling and then coming to a stop under the moonlight. Olivia still had a death grip on Tom, and so he spun her around, encouraging her behaviour. She wouldn't remember. Then, Olivia gasped. 
"You know what tonight is perfect for?" Olivia proposed, looking back at Tom. He tilted his head in response. "A swim!" 
"Are you sure about that, darling?" Tom countered. He wasn't going to stop her by any means, of course. 
"Yes, yes, I know the perfect place!" Still gripping onto him hard, Olivia apparated the couple suddenly. Tom recognised where they were almost immediately. 
"Doesn't the water look so pretty?" Olivia asked, kicking off her shoes. "We should go for a swim." 
"A little far from home," Tom mused, "don't you think?"
"This is the best pool in the whole world," Olivia moaned, placing a hand on Tom's face. "Join me?"
"I think I'll be okay," he drawled, stepping back from the water. Olivia shrugged, obviously desperate to get into the water herself. She jumped, sinking into the water immediately. Tom crouched a safe distance away from the edge of the pool, watching as Olivia slowly rose back up to the surface, this time with a tail. She ran her hands over her hair as she looked at Tom, a serene smile on her face. 
"Are you sure you don't want to join me, mi amor? [my love]," she urged, holding a hand out. 
"I'm sure, darling," Tom responded, although it was looking more and more tempting by the minute. The pool started to glow around Olivia, bubbling and glittering around the surface. The change in the water caught Olivia's attention before she looked up to the roof of the cave. Tom followed her gaze, noticing that the moon was aligned with the hole in the roof. It had worked. His plan had worked.