Chapter 10 • After Effects

"Is this for real?...Am I for real?" I wondered out loud as I looked at myself in the floor length mirror in shock. I was looking...stunning, as far as I could tell. Never in a million years would I have imagined that I could fix myself up this properly all by myself... And I was right, because I wasn't the reason for me looking this good at the moment. It was all thanks to a very persistent and convincing Remora.

"Told you I can do wonders." Whitney said, standing from my bed with a huge smile on her face. She was looking remarkable in an extravagant dress which seemed to have cost thousands of dollars. There was no surprise there actually, since everyone knew that Whitney Remora was the ideal socialite who wouldn't settle for anything less.

She was flaunting a beautiful, gold, strapless dress that was covered in gorgeous spiral designs. The dress had a sweetheart neckline and sucked on to her body like leech, showing all her curves which a lot of girls would die for. Her hair was up in a Dutch braid bun and some of her locks fell into her face in gorgeous curls. Her makeup looked as if it was done by a professional and she wore killer heels which she couldn't seem any more comfortable in.

As for me, I was looking pretty good if I do say so myself. I was wearing one of Whitney's lovely, new dresses which had made my eyes melt the first time I saw it. Normally I wouldn't wear other people's clothes or accept anything so expensive from anyone, but Whitney wouldn't take no for an answer which explained why I was now wearing the beautiful dress.

It was a floor length dress, navy blue in colour, and was quite the opposite of Whitney's dress except for the fact that they were both lovely. While Whitney's dress was like a second skin, mine flowed freely around me in a comfortable way from the waist down. From the waist up however, it was a bit close and was of a jewel beading look with one shoulder sleeve. It was a pretty simple dress when compared to Whitney's own, but it was still magnificent in my eyes. I wore heels as well but they were nowhere as high as Whitney's own.

My hair was curled and pulled into a high ponytail, which surprisingly looked just fit for the occasion, and strawberry tasting lipgloss fixed my cracked lips.

"Okay as much as I love seeing you admire my work, I would love it even more if it weren't only your eyes who are seeing your stunning figure!" Whitney giggled grabbing her purse and mine and then pulling me out the room. I didn't even get to take a last look.

As we walked down the hall on the ground floor, I couldn't help being grateful to Whitney for what she had done. I have never been one to spend hours in front of a mirror to get my hair just right, or spend the whole day at a mall trying to find the perfect dress. I had never even liked looking at myself for that long, and tonight I didn't want to stop looking at myself. Every mirror we passed down the hallway towards the ball room, drew my attention to the beautiful woman who was wearing a navy-blue dress.

Soon, double doors opened before me and I was staring into the huge ballroom which was brightly and wonderfully decorated in a theme of navy blue and gold. Coincidence?... I think not.

I looked at Whitney with raised eyebrows and she grinned back at me sheepishly making me shake my head with a smile.

I scanned the room to see everybody in either a tux or evening gown, the multiple colours of the dresses added to the decor of the room. I blushed a little as I scanned and found people looking at us with different facial expressions. People either looked curious, jealous, or cocky. It would have been a real intriguing sight to see if the stares weren't being flung in my direction, but what else could I expect when a gorgeous billionaire was standing right beside me looking stunning. Nothing less.

I took a step into the room with Whitney walking beside me.

"Whitney, do you need to use the restroom?" I asked suddenly as I couldn't help noticing the fact that she was hopping from foot to foot. She shook her head and grinned. Okay she definitely didn't want to pee if she was grinning like a Cheshire cat.