Chapter 27 • After Effects

"I like to move it, move it
I like to move it, move it
You like to...move it!"

The sound of King Julian's voice, started playing loudly from my handbag just before Mr. Remora got out his rage filled words...whatever they might've been. I looked at my bag in fright as all eyes came my way and quickly grabbed it as I tried to search for my phone. Stupid Jake! He had thought it funny to change my ringtone to that song after we had watched Madagascar the night before as our late night movie. Crap!

It took a while before I finally found my phone. It had been at the bottom of the bag which was just oh so very convenient.

"Sorry," I grinned apologetically to everyone at the table and then returned my attention to Mr. Remora who glared my way making me look down. It was a good thing Mr. Remora was focused on Ms. Dorian for now since I would've surely gotten it.

"Get out," Mr. Remora muttered.

My head snapped back up as I searched for his eyes again with bated breath. I sighed in relief and sunk into my chair when I realized that he was actually speaking to Ms. Dorian. She was surprised though.

"What?" she inquired stupidly.

"I said, get. Out." Mr. Remora repeated slowly as her mouth fell open. I scoffed. She didn't really think that she could've done all that and gotten away with it did she? I mean she gave him milk with his coffee, sipped his water leaving her mouth prints on the edge of the glass, and then interrupted him continuously throughout almost the entire meaning. I had to admit that Mr. Remora had gone seriously soft with her since all he did was tell her to leave the room which didn't belong to him but actually said person's boss, but I guess that didn't surprise you now did it?

Slowly Ms. Dorian rose in disbelief and left the room. That moment was a very sweet one I had to admit. I had gotten rid of someone I detested, and had actually come to a realization that I actually knew a good deal of Mr. Remora's likes and dislikes, and not only the few -now that I thought about it- I actually knew a good number of Mr. Remora's preferences. Most of them I had learnt ever since I started focusing on work more and not only trying to get fired... though that didn't mean that if I thought up a good plan I wouldn't carry it out.

"Now as I was saying," Mr. Remora's voice brought us all back to where we had left off and I stopped my thinking and also started paying attention. It was now an easier tasks since the annoying woman had left. Good riddance...

:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:

"Thanks for coming Mr. Remora, if it weren't for you, this meeting wouldn't have been a success," Mrs. Taylor told my boss as we stood and the previous members of the meeting left.

"It was no problem at all. Besides, the meeting was for all of our benefits so really we should all be thanking each other," Mr. Remora replied shaking her hand. They should all be thanking each other? What had crawled up this man's ass, made its way to his head and laid a mass of nonsense in his brain, I thought as I stared at Mr. Remora unsurely whilst grabbing his bag. His face was blank and contrasting with what he was saying. That explained it...

"I hope to see you at the next one," Mrs. Taylor continued before they both ended in a goodbye and Mr. Remora headed for the door to leave.

Walking down the hallway to the elevator once more, we passed Ms. Dorian speaking to someone in a corner somewhere. As soon as she saw us, she turned away with embarrassment and boy did that gladden me. I know, cruel, but yet it did not feel that way...

"Ms. Harrington," Mr. Remora groaned out making me look up to see that I had stopped walking and he was waiting for me inside the elevator. Oh, right!