Chapter 40 • After Effects

"Okay so this has to be dramatic and very effective okay?" I faced Riddian with a look so fierce it could frighten anyone except him.

He looked at me with a blank face, but I was already filled with adrenaline so that didn't bother me at the moment. "After three sir; one-"

"How DARE you have this meeting without me?"

I deadpanned at the back of my boss who had busted into the room without me, crushing my imagination of how this would go. I had to admit that the dramatic effect still pulled through though because immediately the room went silent and everyone except one man was staring at him in horror.

I stepped into the room.

"Yes, what he said," I muttered, but of course no one looked my way.

"Mr. Remora, sir-" someone began to say but was cut off by the same man at the head of the conference table who hadn't looked bothered by Riddian's appearance. He stood from his seat and tried to match his height.

"Mr. Remora, I didn't think you would be able to make it."

"Well I didn't think so either but it seems as if neither of us thought correctly," Riddian replied smoothly.

"I think I might have made a small assumption that may not be to your liking then because after all your postponing of the group's latest urgent meeting, I was forced to think that maybe you no longer want to be apart of this group."

My eyes widened and my jaw fell. Okay I was getting the feeling that this meeting was actually very, very important.

"Well that teaches you that you shouldn't make assumptions Mr. Robben or you may just end up in very unbeneficial posit-"

"We're cutting you out of this group," head director of Karinite's, Mr. Robben, spoke with a small smile on his face.

I looked at Riddian and watched his expression not change. Well at least I knew that he wasn't worried and that was a bit of a reassuring factor to tell you the truth. The R-GO group was one created by some of the most powerful shipping CEOs in Seattle. It was founded just about four years ago and Riddian was apparently one of the three founders and heads of the group, as opposed to most of the men in the room who had only been allowed in under the permission of the founders. I didn't know that much about the group but I knew that it was like a partnership but different as even a special contract was created for it and profits were even greater and jobs more effective than it was for the other partnerships the Remora Corp was apart of.

"You can't cut me out, I am one of the main investors and I am one of the founders of this group. Plus we have a contract," Riddian brought me from my thoughts with these words. He basically repeated what I just thought and I couldn't help smirking.

"We can if we have the vote of enough members, and this is the biggest and most profitable project we have ever had which can provide us with more profits than you ever provided."

I couldn't help scowling at these words and I looked around to see the men looking at anything but Riddian as he looked down at them first, though this brought my attention to the copied documents all around the room for each member and I couldn't help being curious. I quickly grabbed one as the attention turned back to my boss and company.

"Without my help you would all be nothing Kevin."

Kevin Robbens...I'll remember that name, I thought hotly.

"You better watch what you say Remora, you wouldn't want to make things worse for yourself now would you?"

"We'll just have to see who will have to watch out, and I don't just mean you," Riddian hissed and scanned the room again.