Chapter 31 • After Effects

:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:
Monday
August 15, 2011
:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:

"Is that all Mr. Remora?" I asked, quirking an eyebrow after writing down the last instruction he had just dictated to me.

"No," was his reply, but I couldn't help noticing the mischievous glint in his eyes. I had a feeling that he was doing this on purpose. "there are a few more things I would like for you to take down... but I may have to think about them first since I'm making them up just now to annoy you."

"What?" I asked outraged. He suddenly deadpanned and repeated,

"I said there are a few more things I want you to take down."

I sunk into my chair muttering a confused "oh". 

Mr. Remora smirked a little before propping his elbows onto his desk and staring at me from behind his moulded fingers. 

Something was up. If the glint in his eyes didn't say anything, the small smirk I glimpsed behind his hands surely did. I just sat there and waited for him to get bored of staring at me though, as I made a pen sketch of him with devil horns on my almost finished-out-of-clean-papers notepad, which reminded me that I needed to demand a new one. I almost showed the sketch to him and got myself a load more of work when I was interrupted by a loud banging on the door making me almost fall out my seat. 

I looked at Mr. Remora with shocked eyes and bated breath as I whispered inhumanely quick to him, "Mr. Remora, what did you do? If you had some problems with the law why didn't you tell me instead of having me find out this way? I may hate you but I'm still your assistant. I will not go to jail with you!" 

Mr. Remora deadpanned before uttering three words, "Are you stupid?" and then rose to go open the door. 

"Well it has got to be that you killed someone and it's the police at the door, or you forgot to meet with the queen for tea and it's still the police at the door, because whoever else it may be must be high on crack to even be banging. On. The. Door!" I defended myself, looking around stupidly as he pulled the door open. 

"Riddian!" 

I turned in my chair as Mr. Remora looked to see who had had the audacity to just almost tear the office door down.

It was a woman.

Aubrey was the first name that came to mind, and I realized I couldn't have been far off since the woman literally threw herself at him. Not so surprisingly, Mr. Remora hugged her back making my stomach fall in fright?

"Oh I know, I woke up ona different earth this morning, didn't I?" I mised to myself, a finger tapping against my chin.

Mr. Remora pulled away from the lady and held her at arms' length.

"Jalessa, what are you doing here?"

"I came to visit you of course."

So not Aubrey? For some reason I smiled at that. 

For some reason, subconscious muttered, but I paid her no attention as all was turned to the two at the door.

"How's it been?" the lady asked again, and my boss was about to answer when he stopped and turned towards me. I stood from my chair and straightened my skirt, not having to be told even once to leave by the look in Mr. Remora's eyes. 

"Jeez, I'm going, I'm going," I whispered under my breath as the look intensified and the lady gave me a smile of sympathy as I strolled out. The man was such a drama king, and one who was really trying my patience. I really needed to get out of the place before I accidentally ripped his head off, though who could blame me?