Chapter 19 • After Effects

Everyone left quickly, maybe because they didn't want to be here when Mr. Remora decided that he was ready to show how angry he was about what I had done. I was a little scared myself, but don't worry, I had my explanation. It. Was. An. Accident. Like seriously! It was! But something told me that that excuse just would not cut it this time.

I sighed heavily after I had cleared the table and made sure the room was tidy again. I left immediately afterwards, bringing the trolley and stuff back to the ground floor and then returning to my desk. I debated on going to see Mr. Remora but didn't need to debate too much since at that very moment, Mr. Remora's voice sounded through the intercom. "My office, now."

I tried to calm myself as I grabbed my notebook and then went in. The office was dark as a result of Mr. Remora pulling the curtains across the window wall, blocking the sun and creating privacy for himself. Oh boy. He wasn't gonna...kill me was he?

"Mr. Remora? You called for me?" I asked nervously as soon as I was inside and the door was closed behind me. Looking around, I finally spotted a figure sat on one of the couches to the right of the room. It was Mr. Remora. He didn't answer, and so immediately I started panicking. I would've preferred it a lot more if he had started yelling at me instead of just sitting there with his back to me acting as if he was some kind of statue. I mean what if he just suddenly jumped up and threw a knife at me?!

I spoke too soon, as right then and there, he suddenly jumped up and...well thankfully, he didn't throw a knife at me.

"Ah, Mr. Remora? Is there a reason for your office being so dark?" I asked getting even more nervous at this point. He really was gonna kill me!

"I'm not going to kill you Ms. Harrington, and why, you ask? Well, first of all, it would be too obvious that it was me who killed you since I have all the right reasons to do so, and second of all, I have a corporation to run, a reputation to uphold and too much money to make. I refuse to waste that all for the sake of fulfilling my wish and ending your life. After all, my life is too important to be spent in jail for killing you anyways." he responded. Well he did have a point...

...but hey!

My shoulders sagged in relief but I immediately stiffened once more as thoughts ran across my mind. If he wasn't gonna kill me, then what exactly was he going to do to me? And why was he acting so calm and collected? I thought he'd be more...I don't know, pissed?

Mr. Remora left where he had been standing and went back to his desk. His hands were working down his chest as he put on a knew white suit shirt, which he must have had as a spare, and then went on to put on a suit jacket that was hanging over his chair.

"Mr. Remora, I came to apologize for a while back. I am sorry for throwing the juice on you. It really was an accident-" I apologized, but stopped abruptly when he looked up from his suit to me.

"Don't worry Ms. Harrington, all will be fine in due time. Now pack your things, we're leaving in five minutes." he announced before pulling the curtains to the office windows open again since he had finished changing his clothes. All will be fine in due time? Why did that make me so nervous? I got the feeling that he was hiding something. I mean why was he acting like this? So... forgiving.

"Okay then...," I trailed off hesitantly and backed out of his office. "Well that wasn't weird at all." I murmured sarcastically.

I quickly packed my things, placing my notebook and pen into my handbag. Then I used the floor's bathroom and managed to reach back at my desk by the time my five minutes were up.

Right on time, Mr. Remora's office door opened and he stepped out in sun glasses, his newly changed gray suit and a briefcase in hand. "Let us go Ms. Harrington." he spoke and then shoved his briefcase into my arms just before he strode off in the direction of his personal elevator, the transparent one, which was a few doors down from the normal elevator. I followed after him quickly, as quickly as I could with a five ton briefcase in hand. So this was what he was thinking when he was acting all forgiving earlier. He was gonna make my life hell. Good to know.