Chapter 24 • After Effects

:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:
Saturday
July 16, 2011
11:19 pm
:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:

The last two days at work were mostly boring and uneventful. My visions about this being the trend for the next few months were starting to come through already. For the last two days, all I did was my job, and the usual sucking up to Mr. Remora as he ordered me around since he was my boss. There were only a few strange occurrences in the office, but one good thing that occurred was that I won the bet that the staff had made about me not lasting for more than a week under Mr. Remora's employ... but then that didn't turn out so good when Mr. Remora found out and found some way to lead this all back to me and blame me for it. His creative imagination and masterminding knew no bounds at that moment, so let's just say that my perspective on the man hadn't changed a bit even after the deed he did for... Grant, it was.

Oh and another thing, as much as it pained me to admit it, my oh so brilliant plan that I had hatched about annoying Mr. Remora into firing me...that was an oh so unsuccessful one. My charms and bright smiles disappeared right after Mr. Remora left me a web link to a picture of Donkey, from Shrek, smiling. Turns out that the man does have a sense of humor, too bad I wanted to rip it right out of his head. The annoying asshat!

"What am I going to do now?" I asked Jake sulkily as we sat on the couch in my living room, watching a movie that I didn't even know the name of. My head rested on his shoulder and even though the show was playing, I was positive that Jake wasn't hearing at thing since I was speaking more than the actors were.

"I have tried everything Jake. I have tried to show him that I can handle his chal-"

"That didn't work." Jake interrupted almost immediately making me glare at him.

"I have also tried to be nice to him. Who knew that wouldn't help him to fire me-"

"Your father...and me." Jake spoke again.

"Okay you have really got to stop that." I put up a hand.

"I'm sorry Katherine, but we did tell you that you shouldn't have done either." he sighed, turning off the TV. It made no sense to keep it on anyways.

"Okay, so say you knew that it wouldn't have worked, what would you have proposed me to do?" I asked turning to him.

"Well first of all, I did know that your plans wouldn't have worked and I did tell you that as well." he clarified. "And second, just be his assistant like the job says you are. If you did what he told you and never put on any dramatics to it, then I'm sure that half of the things that happened to you already, would not have happened. If you treat this man as if he is just an ordinary bastard of a boss, then I am sure the six months will be over with in no time." he told me and then turned the TV back on, leaving me with my thoughts. My lips folded as I did so.

Just do the job? That wasn't such a bad idea. I instantly turned and slapped Jake on his shoulder.

"Ow, what was that for?" he asked with wide eyes. I glared at him.

"Why hadn't you suggested this before?" I asked with a shake of my head. "I cannot believe you." I continued as I got up and went to my room.

"I had!" Jake yelled after me. "Like two chapters ago." he continued making me roll my eyes playfully, not impressed.

"Yeah yeah, whatever."

:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:

I walked down the hallway towards Mr. Remora's office with a new purpose the next day. Hopefully, this will not be a failure like all the plans before this, but Jake had been right. Maybe if I just handled the situation like any other, things would go smooth and not be a pain in my neck.