Chapter 26 • After Effects

"Ah Katherine?"

"Jake shut it!" I hissed, slapping his knee so he yelped, but then continued, "And tell me what is happening at that table," being the genius I was.

"I thought you wanted him to shut up," Julian snickered from beside Jake and across the table from Harper. I shifted a little bit and slapped him too.

"Now you do it as well," I ordered him, earning a chuckle from Harper.

"Forget them Katherine, I'll do it. I'm the one who's facing them anyway," she spoke.

My ears perked up.

Them? Them who? Was it this Audrey person? Was she the person who made Mr. Remora into a them? I wondered curiously.

Wow, I love how you find it hard to remember to take out the garbage when you are the last one to full it and yet you remember the name of your boss' supposedly girlfriend, my inner self commented. I rolled my eyes and pushed Jake's and Julian's chairs away as I made space for myself between them so I could spy on Mr. Remora and whoever else was there.

At first, I couldn't spot them, but soon, I saw the dark hair of Mr. Remora and then just a bit later, his head became his shirt. What?

"Katherine I think they're leaving now,"  Harper informed me. Oh, so he had stood, but still I needed to see who this person was...so you know...I can tease him about it later...

Yeah, just keep on telling yourself that.

I rolled my eyes and continued spying, but all of a sudden, Mr. Remora's torso was coming closer and closer until I was staring at his pants only. Then his voice sounded above me as he walked pass my table with company...which I then realized was a man and not a woman. I deadpanned as I crawled out from under the table.

"Really Harper, I thought when you had said them you meant him and a woman," I shook my head as I brushed my knees clean.

She raised an eyebrow. "Wait, why did you think it was a woman?" she asked suspiciously, but with a teasing smirk. Julian started laughing but Jake only rolled his eyes. I was glaring at Harper.

"I know what you're thinking Harper but snap out if it. I couldn't care less if that was a woman that Mr. Remora was taking out. It could be a goat for all I care," I spoke, taking a sip of my water as she laughed.

"Exactly, you do care," she commented making me glare at her again. Julian's laughter increased which continued hers.

"Okay I'm done now," she smirked just as the waiter came back.

"Good."

:*:*:*:*:*:

"Well good morning Mr. Remora, how was your conference?" I asked the man before me with a hint of bitterness in my voice.

"Better than expected," he responded surprising me. Urgh! He obviously only wanted me to feel even more angry.

Don't give in Katherine, don't give in...

"I hoped you managed well without your assistant," I commented coolly as I placed a file that he had requested unto his desk. Mr. Remora looked at me for a second and then picked it up.

"I did actually," he murmured making my face fall. That wasn't the truth, but never would he admit that.

Yeah, just as how you would never admit that he is probably telling the truth right now.

Whatever.

I spun around and left the office with a flash of my hair. Mh!

:*:*:*:*:*:*: