five

❝im really feeling the love❞

"Wait, Wait, Wait! Keep this song on, I like it," Connor slaps Brad's hand away from the radio, before he could switch the song over. Anaconda by Nicki Minaj was playing through Cassandra's truck as they sped down the motorway.

Connor playfully sang along as Brad rolled his eyes and drove down the road. He'd been awfully quiet since he'd woken up but no one had really taken notice. Cassandra was resting against Tristan's shoulder as she was still tired and Tristan was sleeping too. There was one hour left until they'd reach Joe's place, and they couldn't wait to get into a warm, comfortable bed.

Connor's phone begins ringing and he picks it up quickly, "Hey, Joe." Tristan shoots up quickly at the name, alert and gives Connor a questioning glance. "Yeah, we're about an hour away."

There was a pause and Cassandra sits up properly, confused. Connor turns away from behind him and looks out of the window to his left, mumbling into the phone. Tristan and Brad, due to their ability to hear better, could just about understand what was being said between the people on the phone, whilst Cassandra sat there in silence and puzzlement.

"What was that about?" Cassandra asks when the phone call stops, and Connor sighs.

"Joe's not going to be at home for a few days," Connor says and Brad clenches onto the wheel. If Joe wasn't home then Cassandra couldn't be properly tested. It seemed everything was against them, whilst they attempted to retrieve their best friend. "He said he can try and finish earlier, and get home in two days but it's unlikely."

"Well, we can start training her then," Tristan says and Cassandra's confusion only grows. "Unless he said we have to sit around doing nothing."

"He didn't, but what's the point in training her if there's a possibility we might not even need her?" Brad rolls his eyes.

"Are you stupid? If she is, if, then we need to train her and get her ready for what she's going to face," Tristan replies. "And if she's not, then at least she'll know self defence."

"I'm with Tristan on this one," Connor says through a yawn. "We can start training her tomorrow, since we all need some sleep."

"Ugh, fine," Brad sighs, slouching into his chair. He felt like it could be a waste of time to train someone to fight Figuras and whatnot, if they're never going to face them. However he understood that Tristan had a point, since Connor was certain Cassandra could help them get James back, and starting training now, in the early stages, could help massively.

"Who said that I even want to learn to fight?" Cassandra huffs. She didn't realise she'd have to do hard labour when she agreed to doing this.

"You can eat whatever you like afterwards," Connor compromises and Cassandra keeps quiet, falling back on to Tristan's shoulder as she closes her eyes.