twenty three

❝im not sharing you❞

She was the only one awake. It had been three days since she'd woken up after she'd collapsed and every night, Brad had to sleep by her side to stop her from freezing to almost-death—not that Brad minded.

Brad found himself more overprotective over the small girl, always staying with her whenever he could. When Tristan was teaching her how to throw knives, Brad would stay in the training room and just watch, sometimes even joining in.

Connor had been talking to Tristan about Cassandra, too. Connor had always felt over protective over the girl and he couldn't deny he had feelings for her but he didn't know how to tell the girl.

Tristan had a girlfriend a few years ago, who he sadly had to break up with because he barely saw her and he didn't want her getting into trouble. This meant Tristan knew how to help his friend, especially since Connor felt like he couldn't take to Brad about it.

Cassandra buttered some toast, humming along to a song that was playing through the radio quietly in the kitchen. She was enjoying the peace and quiet while it lasted, especially since she knew Brad would be awake soon.

The pair had grown more attached to each other over the past few days. Considering they had to sleep next to each other so that she didn't freeze, it was inevitable. One night they didn't get to sleep because she was telling him stories from when she was little and he enjoyed hearing her speak.

She sat down at the table, noticing the frost gathering by her feet. She thought she had managed to keep it quiet that her powers were starting to control her, but Brad had noticed. He didn't say anything, he just kept quiet. But he noticed.

She finishes her food, resting her head on the table afterwards, tired. It was early in the morning, the sun only beginning to peak through the clouds.

"You look lonely," Connor smiles as he walks downstairs. He had heard her dancing around while she waited for her toast to be finished cooking. "You okay?"

"Tired," she says through a yawn which furthers her point. "Very tired. How are you?"

"I'm fine, thanks," he fills up the kettle with some water. "Want a drink?"

"Oh, yes, I'll have a coffee," she smiles. She rarely drank tea, she wasn't really a fan of it even though Brad was trying to get her to like it more. If he was awake first, he'd quickly go and make a cup of tea for her, ready for when she wakes up.

Brad was just waking up, a yawn escaping his mouth as he rubs his eyes. He turns over and moves his arm to bring Cassandra's freezing body close but he was surprised when she wasn't there.

He opens his eyes, lifting his head off of the pillow before a sigh escapes his lips. He shoves the sheets off of his body and puts on a white shirt and some branded joggers, since he only slept in his boxers but he didn't let Cassandra know that. He always made sure she was asleep before he took them off, otherwise he would melt with them on.