thirty three

❝remember stay strong❞

Brad didn't sleep that night, he was too busy staring down at Cassandra. They had booked another room to stay in for the night because tension was high between Brad and Connor.

Cassandra only slept for an hour that night, scared for what the day ahead was going to hit her with. She wondered how long she'll last without Brad, but she knew she'd stay strong throughout it all.

She sighs as she wakes up, turning to Brad, who was wide awake, and wraps her arms around him tightly. He held her as close as he could, taking in her cherry scent.

"I don't want you to go," he says with a weak voice and she lifts her head off of his chest and presses a kiss to his lips. He moves a hand from her waist to her cheek, guiding her head's movements and lifting her on top of him.

She pulls away and runs her hand through his hair as she sits atop of his lap, "I'm gonna be fine. You're gonna be fine. I'm not leaving forever."

"You shouldn't be leaving at all," he says quietly, pressing a kiss to her forehead, nose, lips. "You should be coming home with me and Tristan and James and Connor, and we should be going on a date."

"You wanna take me on a date?" She tilts her head slightly, a small smile on her face and he rolls his eyes.

"Of course. I'd take you to see the butterflies you like and I'd do your hair or something and I'd make us some sandwiches to take with us," he smiles, rubbing their noses together. "We could lay down and look at the stars."

"We can do that," she presses a kiss to his lips softly. "When this is all over, yeah? It's a date."

He nods, holding her close as he hugs her tightly. She was wearing one of his long shirts that fell to her thighs and some underwear, she knew she would have to change.

"Stay strong for me," Brad mumbles as she rest her head on his shoulder and she lifts it off to look at him. "While you're in there, stay strong."

"Of course," she brushes her hand through his hair and rubs their noses together.

"If you feel like giving up, remember I love you," he says. "And that I'm gonna get you, I'm gonna bring you back. I'm not gonna forget about you."

"I love you," she whispers out and he's surprised for a moment. She hasn't broadcasted her feelings vocally as much as Brad had and he found it relieving that she'd said that.

"I love you too," he grins, kissing her lips softly and she smiles back. She felt warmth spread through her body as his hands move over her soft skin.

After an hour or so of just laying there, talking and occasionally kissing, Cassandra opens up the door to find Tristan, who demands for them to get ready as it approaches ten in the morning.